1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused about Color - 2012 90 HP

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Relativity, Feb 18, 2012.

?

90 HP with Chrome - Oceanic Blue or Hip Hop Black

Poll closed Feb 20, 2012.
  1. Oceanic Blue

92.9%
  2. Hip Hop Black

7.1%
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    My wife and I went to VST Motors Chennai today and saw the Oceanic Blue for the first time. I was hoping it would be dark blue but it's more like carbon blue. I honestly didn't think it's any different from the blue on Swift or i20.

Anyway, went for TD of 90 HP and it blew my mind so we paid the booking amount for the 2012 90 HP :D
    The loan will be sorted out in a bit but the real confusion is with the color.

She likes the blue and after seeing all cars in flesh, I like the black. Other colors have been ruled out for various reasons.
    For those of you who have seen both these shades in flesh, please cast your vote.

I live in Chennai so the weather is unbearably hot and there is dust everywhere.
    Rest assured, this is my last per-sales query ;)
  2. The color seen in swift and punto is different. You can see the difference when the sunlight hits on the car, there will be some shining which is not there in Swift.
  3. Oceanic Blue all the way. If u included TW, i'd have changed my vote.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    BTW, I forgot to add that I am not a big fan of the chrome door handles on the 90 HP and need help in figuring out if they can be painted to match body color or changed?
  5. i believe it can be done. even i find it a bit odd on the 90HP.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Occean Blue is my choice, as you will have to take more care to keep the Black shinning everytime, If you have shaded parking then black would also be fine,
    Punto looks great in all shades...........
  7. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    If you are thinking of any visual mods, Hip hop black is the color. I am not sure how any visual mods will look on Oceanic blue. Hip hop black is sportz, while oceanic blue is executive. Go for any color, it's a win-win situation.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Humm.. Interesting. I need more details on your test drive experience & i hope you did test it the way i told you. Anyways, I have seen Oceanic blue in pics only & not in real but i am sure it will be a smoking looker:mischievous. Does it have metallic glittering like small grains are shining through? I instinctively feel for Oceanic blue. Congrats for booking the vehicle!!

In favor of black, since most of the body parts are originally black. In case you need to replace a new one, you have to get it painted to Oceanic Blue. I wish no such situation ever happens but in B2B city traffic, you know dents & scratches are expected any time. So that's in favor of Black too.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

They look damn good on Tucson Wine. May not carry through very well with other colours.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I really find it very peculiar asking for suggestions on Color. This is highly subjective and you should select a color of your choice. Why do you want to check with fellow TFI'ians for the color? We would be suggesting the color of our preference. You are buying the car and the choice of color should be yours.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Oceanic blue didn't have the best paint quality when I looked at it. If you look at the inner door hinges you'll find traces of old discontinued electric blue, I probably think this blue is probably derived after a coat after that?

Also it looks gorgeous on linea but doesn't exude the lines of punto.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk