1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Confused about accessories for my Punto 90HP

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sant, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sant

sant

Hi everyone,

I am Santosh, from Bangalore. I have booked Fiat Grande Punto 90HP yesterday with Prerana motors, Lal bagh road. They are offering me Mud flaps, floor mats, car cover, 3M sunfilm. I said no to teflon coating.

While searching, the concorde sales-guy had told me that they will give genuine accessories with bill whereas prerana will not provide genuine accesories.

when I checked with prerana sales guy, he maintains they will provide FIAT OEM original accesories for mud flaps,car cover and floor mats but they cannot give bill as it is FoC (Free of Cost). I dont trust him too much, but how do I confirm if these accesories are original?

Secondly, how do I confirm they will put original 3M sun-films at the time of PDI or delivery? I have told them I want to be present when they fit the films, but how would I still be sure they are not putting any local variety.

Third, I am planning to put Vkool-70 for the windscreen and replace speakers with JBL (220W) at their accessory shop. I was quoted 20K for both (14K for sunfilm, 6K for JBL). Is it worth it?

Request owners/experts to throw light. The vehicle will be available for PDI on Sunday.

Thanks
    Santosh
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Congrats on your new ride Santosh.

If I were you I wouldn't touch the OEM Floor Mats & Mud Flaps, They are utter crap. Especially the mudflaps when they go over bumps makes all kind of noises. Also when you get the rain cover look for the water proof one. I was provided the non-water proof one which didn't last for long. If he gives a bit of cash discount instead of this you could very well get everything outside.

Regarding the speakers you need to give us specific model numbers, remember it's not all watts.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sant my comment on the Sun film would be, if it a genuine 3M if you look at it from one side, you will be able to see 3M watermark kind of thing. Vkool is a costly brand and I feel it should come around 14 K for 5 glasses. 3M is also a very good brand and there is nothing wrong in sticking with 3M unless you live in a very very hot place where temperature goes above 46-47 C.
  4. sant

sant

Teky - thanks for the prompt reply. I dont remember which specific model number I looked at. but would you recommend to buy and install speaker at the dealer or is it better to get it done outside? The sales guy said If I get it done at showroom, I will not lose warranty.

Cinju - thanks. 14K only for the Windscreeen. I am putting Dealer provided 3M sunfilm for the sides and back.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Oldest sales trick in the book. :p

Many TFIans have opted for aftermarket speakers and in some instances changed the head unit also that comes factory fitted. And no issues on the warranty.

Gurjinder.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Sant to TFI, Have the Freebies you get and be present while they apply the coating. Wishing you a happy motoring with punto...
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFi :) Yoy better don't fix the mud flaps, they kill the looks of the car..And ya, there wont a warranty void if you fix any system from outside the showroom :)
    Cheers,
    Jishnu