1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Configurations Decided for ICE

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Ankit Gandhi, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

Hi alll after like going thru all threads for ICE setup finally have come up with the below mentioned setup . Please recommened if this is good or i need to change any of the components .

Budget decided is 25k . Damping is not included in this as i will be doing it later .
    If someone can help me with the cost of these as im unable to find prices or any recommendation for shops in mumbai where i can find these products .

Audio Gurus please give your views or any changes which can be required over here .

Anywhere if you feel im wasting money and there is alternative option which i can choose and get same performance in sound please let me know . Looking for only Europpeans brand setup

Setup 1

HU : JBL X333
    Speakers Front : Digital Systems Component CS 6.5
    Rear Speakers : HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series]
    AMP: JBL gt5 s644
    Wiring : Bull Audio

Setup 2

HU : JBL X333
    HERTZ EV 165L [Energy Series] Component Speakers
    HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series] Co-axial Speakers
    JBL GT5-S644 Amplifier 4 channel-7.2K
    Wiring : Bull Audio

Thanks

Ankit Gandhi
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ankit, I guess the JBL HU comes with 3 pre-outs right? Going by my personal taste, I believe that Poineer and Alpine make the best HUs (purely my opinion).

I am not really into ICE and know just the basics of upgrading speakers in Emotion/Emotion pack.

Just remember:
    1. If changing the HU, opt for one that offers 3 pre-outs. Nothing less.
    2. In Punto, front doors take 6.5" components while rear doors can take 6.5" co-axials. Prefer 6.5" co-axials for the rear doors.
    3. Be sure whether you want 6.5" rear speakers in the doors or want those 6x9" oval speakers on the parcel tray that produce much better bass for co-axials. Speakers in the rear parcel tray don't look very neat cosmetically with all those wires visible (purely my opinion). I prefer speakers in rear doors.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    No Sub woofer?

Also, there are way better options in HU than JBL. How much is it costing you?

Otherwise setup 2 is better.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

X333 is a decent entry level HU, but it does sounds better than entry level HUs of most of the other brands. On the down side, the HU do not offer iPOD control, and i believe it does not display time (clock function) though I can be wrong about the second one.

Make sure the HU fits your preferences. The HU should cost about 3.5K ~ 4 K.

About the speakers, each speaker have its own sound signature. Try auditioning couple of speakers before you decide which one to buy.
  5. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

Yeah JBL HU comes with 3 preouts mrp price on the website is 5k so i guess it should be around 4k or so .. which i feel its a steel. Other alpine systems looks brillaint but too exp 11k or so ...

Front doors i gonna put 6.5 components rear i guess 5.25 or 6.5. . Thats what im confused coz i dont liike the wires n all to be seen unless the fitting guy has good knowledge about wiring where he can hide them .. hehe..else rear doors..
  6. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

hey.. thats what i was thinking wether to spend 11k on those alpine hu or not.. they come fully loaded with features but will take really make different to the sound quality n all... it would be one time investment but really want to know if its really worth or not ..
    yeah speakers im gonna check them out persoally . i have chucked out all made in china brand n all like jbl , blaupunk n all .. only european or germans ones
  7. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

woofer kept it as last option.. if budget permits then woofer :D
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    comments above in B&I
    Also instead of the rear co-ax's if u lik u can ADD a SUB(10"/12" shallow series from audio systems)
    A good 3 pre-out HU will cost u around 8-9 minimum from either kenwood or pioneer, alpine will be more on the expensive side, the gains in sound quality will be far superior to the jbl's and sony's. If u often drive solo then chuck the rear's and add a sub. It will give a more complete feel to the system although the surround effect might take the back seat
  9. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

whoa...thank m8..
    So HU go for pioneer or kenwood do u find it worth investing on alpine ones which comes with ipod control n all or entry level hu is capable enough to produce enough jice..
    Speakers yeah digital designs.. i guess dont mind investing in that i guess thats a beast . Any idea how much do they cost..
    Rear : i though these are always required hmm.. so if i dont get these and just addon a woofer wud that be suffiecient.. ??
    AMP bull audio had that in mind dont mind investing :)
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3

comments B&I