1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Compressor on or off for heating

Discussion in 'Technical' started by puchoo, Nov 2, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Sorry if this has been discussed already , although i was unable to locate it. very basic question but first car with ACC so not sure. With winters now setting in , there would be a need to heat the cabin of the car. In manual AC cars one used to set the temperature to hot and NOT put on the AC switch - with ACC units like in the Linea how does one do it - do i need to put on the compressor or do i need to keep it off?
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hi puchoo, just keep your temperature setting at desired level, say 25 C and the ACC will do the needful, yes compressor would be on as per the display. Keep in mind that you would get proper heat once temperature gauge for engine is at optimum.

If you feel 25 C is not giving enough heat just up the temp, that's the beauty of ACC.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I usually just turn up the temperature to around 28 when ambient temperature falls below 5,without switching on the compressor,and it works for me.
    In case interiors fog up,i just press the defogger button and it turns itself off after about 2 mins.