1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comprehensive Insurance or Bumper to bumper and preffered insurance company

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Pauleralil, Jun 18, 2012.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Can you post explain in detail the terms and conditions under which these will be offered, esp. the free transport, lodging etc. Also, in most cashless insurance there is always a Rs. 1000/- or so fixed fee which one needs to pay, what exactly is that, if you or others can explain.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thats the claim processing fees that one needs to pay for each claim. its for all types of claims, not only cashless.
    1 person likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    ₹1000 is the compulsory deductible, ie what you pay, for each and every claim you make (Plus, if you make a claim, you will loose no-claim bonus in the next insurance renewal.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem,

Attached is the link to Royal Sundaram car insurance add ons where you will get most of the details.

Car Shield Policy 6 Special Add-on Cover - Royal Sundaram
    1 person likes this.
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I own a punto 90 HP. My insurance is due for renewal now. Royal Sundaram gave me a quote of 19K for B2B coverage (Zero depreciation). They say they do not have a NCB protection. Bajaj allianz gave me a quote of 21k with road side assistance and engine cover.

If my understanding is right B2B should cover the engine as well right? Also, could anyone let me know if Royal Sundaram provided NCB protection or do they only have windshield protection which is what was offered to me.

Which of the 2 is better and do they both have cashless agreement with fiat service centers in Chennai?
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Engines are not covered in the zero dep add on. RS doesnt have NCB protection and the windshield protection is for the replacment of the front/rear windshields. If you want NCb protection, then opt for Future Generali who have them in their Silver & gold plans (attached pdf). Can you get the exact wordings of the Engine cover from BA. IIRC the cover was for engines from water logging & ceasing protection.

Attached Files:

7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks ghodlur for the information. But the review about Future Generali is not great at least in Chennai. That is the reason for me looking for other providers.

Does Future Generali cover the engine as well?

BA gave me complete engine coverage for ceasing and water logging, need to recheck.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Nope. FG doesnt have it any of their add ons. They dont believe that engines need any sort of Insurance cover.
    :cool:
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Is this in your or anyone else's opinion the best or one of the best policies. I have gone through the details and everything looks cosy on paper. We need some consensus to derive opinions from with regards Insurance products and companies and find the best of the lot, say like the top 3 or so. What do you think?
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I saw this link from Royal Sundaram. But it would be better if we can have some list of good insurance providers in each city based on the feedback from the forum users.