1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comprehensive Insurance or Bumper to bumper and preffered insurance company

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Pauleralil, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

My Linea 1.3 MJD E pk is getting the insurance renewed next month. Currently i have a FG insurance with 1 Claim made.

They quoted some astonishing amount of Rs 25k :eek:to my dad to which i said a flat no..When i searched in Policy bazaar, i was able to get quotes at much lower than what FG quoted like in the range of 10k -16k range of which some are bumper to bumper and other comprehensive. Also point to note is that i have a NCB certificate for 50% from my previous car.

Can some one help me with choosing the right insurance policy* B2B/Comprehensive) and also suggest a few good insurance companies. default i prefer govt insurrance companies such as NAtional insurance, new india or United India.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul Eralil
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

I renewed insurance on Dad's car just now.

Quote given by FG with one claim made: Rs.20082
    Quote provided by Bajaj Allianz for Zero dep (bumper to bumper) if payment made by credit card over IVRS: Rs.18278 (including PA cover of Rs.2L)

IDV: Rs.5.31 Vs. 5.11 in favour of Bajaj

I went with Bajaj Allianz. I registered for a call back on their website. Two minutes after I registered I got a call back, provided a quote. Today the payment was done.

FG has a very municipal office kind of working style. Kind of didn't like the interaction at all, sketchy website, an Inland Letter with a renewal form at the end...reminded me of 90s. So just for the heck of it I thought of obtaining a quote from Bajaj Allianz and I was surprised to see this wide a difference!

And to provide more context to the figure of Rs.18278, Zero dep policy on my Spark costed me ~Rs.13k last month from Reliance.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

During my 2012 renewal, I had opted for National Insurance( Bumper2bumper) insurance with an IDV value of 800,000 for my Linea 1.3MJD Emo Pk at total cost of Rs 13,343 (I had used the 50% NCB from my previous car during renewal).

Now my car insurance is coming in Jun and i got a renewal letter from National insurance ( Mumbai office) with a quote for Rs 13,361. If renewed online I could avail Rs 500 off. When we checked with their local office and bit of negotiation, they quoted a cost of Rs 12,303 for IDV Rs 700,000/-

Note: During 2012-13 period i have not made any claims.

I have some questions like why was there no reduction in premium i.e in the letter from mumbai office?
    My understanding is that if have not made any claim during a coverage year, i am eligible for NCB and my premium should reduce. They initially quoted 13,361 and the second Quote of Rs 12,303 odd was after my dad did some negotiation and IDV fixed @ Rs 700,000/-. I am eligible for more discount or is the insurance companies calculation correct.
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Seems like Hyson Motors ( Kochi) has tie up with United India Insurance and also offer Cashless facility and offer Bumper to bumper( 0 dep policy)
    Model: 2011 Linea 1.3 MJD EMotion Pk
    IDV Value: Rs 720,000/-
    Premium: ~Rs 12650/-
    NCB: 50% included
    Charges at the time of Claim: Rs 2000/ claim

Other Quotes
    National Insurance - Bumper 2 Bumper ( 0 dep Policy)
    IDV Value: Rs 700,000/-
    Premium: Rs 12,309/-
    NCB: 50% Applicable included
    No Cashless facility
    Claim charges: Rs 1000 ( not sure)

I feel mere 340 buck is not a problem as UI insurance has cashless facility which is a big plus over National where i will have to claim and them reimburse the amount
    Can someone help me choose. I am confirming with the UI if passangers and paid drivers are covered in the quote. Is there anything i should check apart from these?
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Zero Dep Insurance - Do they conduct Inspection

I opted for a Zero Dep plan from Tata Aig for my Punto.

They just called me seeking my availability to inspect the vehicle. Is this a normal process?

Reason for this doubt is because during the last 2 renewals for my Linea, Zero dep plan they( New India Insurance and United India) never inspected the vehicle.
  6. AFAIK they need to inspect the car, if the existing policy is expired . May be Tata AIG have different way of policy renewal. Some one who has taken Tata AIG policy can throw some information
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

This is a normal process if the car has had any claims during the years of ownership. The Insurers normally share the claims details to IRDA form so it is easy for Insurers to keep a tab on the claims on the car. hence they feel the need to inspect before they can approve the Insurance (this was shared by one of the Insurance guys, dont know how real is the information).
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

my car does not have any claims nor the policy expired.

Tata aig personal came and inspected the car just now. they told this inspection is there only for tata aig insurance.

He was carrying a Nokia Lumia ( i think) with some App and clicking pics as per the requirement in the app. Took pics from many angles front, side left, side right, rear, under the bonnet, inside the car, the current Mileage. He also took pic of the slight dented scratch on the rear of the car.

all was over in 5-8 mins.

Sent from Mobile Office device
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Looking forward to see how it goes. I have to renew in Jan
  10. shams

shams Esperto

last year in July I had renewed my insurance with Tata AIG comprehensive policy. had claims in the policy prior to that. no inspection was done. seems they have introduced a new process of inspection.