1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

COMPLETED RUNNING IN MY T JET PLUS

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by VHR, Mar 26, 2011.

1. VHR

VHR

Tirupati
    Hi Friends
    I have completed running in of my t jet plus about a week ago.
    Experience with the vehicle so far:
    1. I took delivery of the vehicle at Hyderabad on 8th Feb.2011 and drove home to Tirupati on the 12th. Covered aprrox.800kms.
    2. Covered another 150kms. Locally in Tirupati
    3. Then took a long road trip: Tirupati – Rajahmundry-Srisailam-Hyderabad-Tirupati. This trip included travel on work and subsequent week end (15th -20th (BDI) Mar.2011).
    4. Total distance covered 2120kms
    5. Total volume of petrol consumed: 160.70L
    6. Av.Kmpl: 13.19.
    7. Both me and my wife found this vehicle in general very responsive, stable and a pleasure to drive.
    8. May be because of our driving style (rather sober and steady) or because we do not know how sluggish is the aspirated linea, we did not find any “VOW” factor in the drive. Earlier we drove an Indigo Sx for ~70K Kms. Our combined verdict is that except for the ease of driving a petrol vehicle, there is nothing extra ordinary in terms of driving this vehicle.
    9. Both of us liked the front passenger seat better than the one in Indigo – more horizontal space and one could become completely flat in it. But the driving seat has some undefined discomfort about it. May be it is because of low slung position (even with height adjustment) relative to Indigo SX and i10 (wife’s car).
    10. Engine of course is super silent and gear shift is a bit raw –improves with running?
    11. Climatiser works very well and kept us extremely comfortable. We did not find any drag of AC on the engine even while driving in the ghat section. Of course our experience with Indigo SX is the same in this respect.
    12. Both of us do listen to a lot of music of all kinds and in general we found the system satisfactory.
    13. Found the fuel consumption indicators in general unreliable.
    14. Head lamps are not the best but adequate. Needed to use the fog lamps at times to improve the visibility especially when the oncoming vehicles did not dip (which is true with >95% vehicles) their lights.
    Visit to Srisailam:
    1. Tirupati – Rajahmundry-Chilakaluripet is on 4 lane express way (except for 70kms between Tirupati and Naidupet) and the drive was a breeze. I drove on this road several dozen times and know every inch of it.
    2. From Chilakaluripet to Narsaraopet the road is single but wide enough and is reasonably OK.
    3. Between Narsaraopet and Vinukonda 35Kms is really bad road and took ~1h.15 min
    4. Vinukonda to Dornala is reasonably good road with bad patches for about 10Kms here and there
    5. Enjoyed the drive from Dornala to Srisailam by ghat road of ~50Kms.
    6. Stayed at AP tourism guest house which has clean and comfortable rooms and staff are willing to cooperate and make you comfortable within their limits. The restaurant attached to this guest house is not good but you do not have any better alternative either.
    7. Did not have time for anything else except visiting the temple at Srisailam. But visited the Dam exhibition for about 30 min. on the way back. There is one Mr.Yohan who is good at explaining the features of the dam and power generation. He advised us to get special permission from AP Genco office at Hyderabad to visit the power generation plants. It appears to be really interesting to visit the power generation plants there.
    8. Drive from Srisailam to Hyderabad is reasonably smooth. The ghat section and the Rajiv Gandhi tiger reserve are OK. I drove on this route about 10 years ago and found that the forest was thicker and roads smoother then.
    9. Hyderabad –Tirupati is again the route on which I drive 3-4 times in a year. Four lane express way upto Kurnool and then on wards reasonably wide and smooth roads with bad patches for about 50kms.
    A few photos are attached

My tjet plus.jpg

Entry to Srisailam.jpg

APTDC guest house premises1.jpg

Srisailam Dam2.jpg
  2. VHR

VHR

Tirupati
    I think I mixed up the titles of photos while uploading. the first one is the entry to srisailam not the last. regret the mix up. VHR
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    what is that white strip doing in front. WHY. Why
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What is that white strip?
  5. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Congrats VHR Garu. You personal JET looks awesome!
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    congrats vhr you will explore the wow factor once you push the car. you got to feel the turbo kick. and still if it does not wow you try a Ferrari. :lol:
    some more pics of the beauty pls
  7. VHR

VHR

Tirupati
    The white strip is the night reflector mandatorily placed by the RTA at the time of permanent registration. I did not know that they would be sticking this and it was there by the time I came out of the RTA office after completing the formalities. If I remove it it will look even worse. So learning to live with the "beaty spot"
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Remove it ASAP. Its an eye sore. If there is some residue after removing it, use a normal deodrant spray and wipe out the residue
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is the night reflector mandatorily placed by the RTA. RTA is the Govt. authority
    we should follow Law & Rules & behave like a responsible citizen.
    Our forum is for to create group of responsible FIAT members not for creating the guys who are intereted to break Motor Vehicle Act Rules. Isn't it ?
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Bt no one else has it !!!
    If it has been placed by a Govt. authority , then shouldnt it be same for the other states too ???

Dlp_dmk