1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Complaint again HVK Sir by an idiot.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by syedzs, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syedzs

syedzs Timido

India
    Hi Friends,

Most of us know HVK Sir, he is the King of Indian Highways and a very humble person. Some idiot after taking his help has complained to TRAI saying he is a Tele-marketer and his phone number has been blocked by TRAI. Here is the insight of what happened.

Kumar HV 11:56am Sep 4

More on the circumstances behind the suspension of my mobile number by Loop Mobile.

Here is the full text of correspondence exchanged with the HVK Forum member (name & details masked) starting on Aug 5, 2013, when he wanted my help for his Ladakh trip through 15 mails on Aug 22, 2013, at 1638 hrs, when I gave him my mobile number (at his specific request) - and I also sent him a SMS at the same time - this was the SMS sent by me at 1639 hrs on Aug 22, 2013, that was reported by him. He complained to his Airtel service provider - and they in turn to TRAI - that I had sent him a message promoting a Whats App Group..... read the document carefully & make your conclusions about
    H V Kumar, "Tele Marketer", also running a "commercial" Whats App group (as per the member, Airtel, TRAI & Loop Mobile) .........

Kumar HV 12:06pm Sep 4

HVK Store & Central Hotel Desk are suspended indefinitely. I will also not be taking any calls, messages or mails from anyone seeking my help or guidance on their travels.

Saddest day in our life. The automobile community will soon be missing a great living legend just because of some stupid idiot’s action.

A petition has been started to put pressure on TRAI to ensure HVK Sir gets his number back, requesting you all to sign this up.

http://chn.ge/18CfICG

Click on the above link to sign the petition.

Regards,
    Syed
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Syed -I have known HVK for more than 6 years and can vouch that he is no telemarketer. I am also a member in the FB group and have already signed the petition asking for lifting the block on his number.

Having said that, we neither know who the person is nor do we know the circumstances that made him report to TRAI. I do not believe calling this person names is the right thing to do, without first hearing his side of the story. Also, such mudslinging and threats, as seen from multiple posts on FB are actually detrimental to the cause, allow this person to file an FIR against the FB group and HVK specifically. By doing this we are only landing HVK in deeper trouble, while clearly that is not our intention.

Rajan

PS: I have reported this thread and requested it to be locked, before this becomes an ugly debate.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The information in first post is incomplete and inconclusive.

Actions should be based on our experience and not on hearsay. Why do you want all of us to sign the petition?
    How many of us have utilized HVKs service and found it to be satisfactory? I know of people being misguided by HVK on highway trips!
    3 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Mr. HVK is not part of this forum and many do not know him personally including me. For any discrepency, it is wise to hear the story from both sides if we don't know both of them. Calling a person Idiot without even hearing his side of story is not mature. As Rajan said, I am afraid HVK is being taken into deeper trouble.

I personally think, this thread is not needed here. :)
    2 people like this.
  5. syedzs

syedzs Timido

India
    Shams, I know 3 guys who have used help from HVK while on long trips. Even if some one gets misguided by HVK on the highway it does not mean who give a false complaint to TRAI saying he is tele marketer and get his phone number blocked. It was a request to sign the petition if you do not feel like doing please do not sign it.

Regards,
    Syed
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry Syed, i am not signing the petition as i do not know who Mr. HVK is personally nor the other party (Read the HVK Wiki though). As Ramjn, Rajan and Shams already said its not wise enough for me to take any action here rather than listen to what went on from both sides and then do whats necessary. :)
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Totally agree with this. I thought of doing and you did it.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    HVK was with us (online) throughout our leh trip this year. He has excellent knowledge on the highways. The convenience of having hotel bookings were such a comforting factor as we stayed in 3 hotels in 3 different cities in 3 days. While he would track us, we would be told what distance we would cover by evening and that's where the hotels would get arranged.

Just like I share MY good experience, I would request ppl to share their experiences rather than quoting a friends experience.

What the idiot has done is stupid and stooping to a very low level. He requested for HVKs number and reported his number to TRAI...NONSENSE

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    misguiding on highway trip is a different issue.

I do not know either party involved in this case and even if i knew HVK (unless i knew him well enough personally), without knowing the other party, i feel it is not right to sign the petition and it is also not right to ask others to sign.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - I am closing this thread for now.
    Discussing about instance where none of them are member here, is mere speculation.

Most of us know about HVK and he well respected person, but lets not discuss this without having them here.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.