1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    thanks jishnu did it as told by you, it did wonders now turbolag is gone & i am enjoying driving every bit of it.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    This is an interesting bit of news.

Can you post your experience in more detail.

Gurjinder.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though it is an old post, I am in agreement with what was said by Gurjinder. I am enclosing a link to a site which gives the pros & cons of tuning boxes and remaps.

http://www.endtuning.com/dieseltuningboxes.html

While there is no doubt that the driving experience will improve with tuning boxes/remaps, users/potential users must be aware of the cons.

An apt comparison will be that of an athlete who takes anabolic steroids. He will probably run the 100 m in 9 secs, but then at what cost to his health in the long term?

Regards
    Johnny
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    To all.

The detrimental effects of any sort of tuning on an engine will not be instantaneous ( unless its a complete hack job). They'll take some time to appear. Its not a question of if , but only when.

So, if you are the kind who would want to keep the car for a long time with you, avoid any sort of tuning.

If you just wanna enjoy and live in the moment , go for the tuning and let the future owner handle the issues of an abused car. It's as simple as that.

Go for the tuning which intends to remove the flaws in the manufacturer's implementation. Mind you, there are and will be many. We just need an expert hand to locate and correct them. This is real tuning. Europeans and Japanese tuning giants ( Brabus, Mine's, Top Secret, Hamann etc ) lead in this sort of tuning. I don't see this kind of tuning becoming popular in India in the next 5 or more years.

Mindlessly focussing on one variable and ignoring others is the shortcut to nowhere.

Gurjinder.
    1 person likes this.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Your welcome :) BTW what have you changed the setting to?? The factory setting was B1 right?
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Gurjinder veere: Couldn't have said it better. Hats off!!
  7. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    yes the factory settings was b1, now ive changed d settings from first knob to 5, the second knob to 6.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the potentiometer setting just changes the resistance and sends false signal to ECU that pressure on the pump is low, so the ECU activates aggressive map and increases fuel pressure to pump. so say current pressure is 1500 bars ur ecu gets signal that its 1400 bar so now it asks the pump to increase the pressure then u might get around 1600 bars.

so more fuel creates more torque at given rpm.

so move your settings accordingly
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What intervals do u guys plan to follow after the tuning box installation
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    And also more soot to slowly kill the turb. This is not performance tuning!