1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Thanks mate, will do :)
  2. pradz

pradz

Mysore
    no updates?
  3. Torque

Torque

Baramati, Pune
    Dear rajeev,

as i am planning to get Race chip box, can you update the performance of the race chip with some detail....
    *is it Race Chip or Race Chip Pro
    *for how long u are using
    *any increase in smoke.
    *effect on mileage.
    *any other issue or your views/ suggestions
    *effect on pick up in lower gears
  4. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    hi i am using race chip got it from dubai in january 2011, no there is extra smoke untill u rev it hard ,couldnt find any effect in mileage, difference in pickup can be felt only after 1800 rpm.
    my suggestion is go for it only if u like to drive hard & on highways, useless for city driving, turbo lag is much noticable if u drive below 1800 rpm.
    go for ecu remap its a better option
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @rajeev21698- Please change the settings! Please change the first knob to 5 or 6, then you'll notice the difference!! And the second knob to 6!
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jishnu, how is the response below 2000 rpm?
  7. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    hi jishnu, plz let me know which first knob either on left or right? whether it will have any adverse effect on engine?
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Today I changed the setting of the left dial to "F", actually I stepped it down from "1" to "F". The right one is at "5". My dad says this is the optimal setting because mileage in MID is around 16.2! The car now takes off from "0"Kmph in 2nd gear. The lag is reduced drastically. I wished you people could see how it performing now. Tomorrow going to Prerana for the "Hard Gear Shifts". You can instantly feel the addition of torque in the car :)
    @rajeev21698- I've posted few pics in my ownership thread, please do check it out.
    Here is the link to it-http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2396-Fiat-Linea-MJD-Boss%28a%29-Nova-White-7000-kms-Ownership-Report
    @Gurjinder paaji- The response is like SX4 diesel below 2000. Actually it starts pulling from 1400 itself :)
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  9. Torque

Torque

Baramati, Pune
    @ Jishnu: Request you to please suggest , wheather Race Chip will work for Punto 1.3 / 75 Bhp.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @torque- Actually it'll work better, because in punto turbo kicks in at 1750 Rpm and in linea at 2000..So I think it'll be more fun to drive :)
    Here is a picture of the average mileage in city after adding the box.

Photo1689.jpg