1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone used this? Recently met someone who used a piggy back controller for tuning his Esteem. It mentioned "PC-programmable piggy-back controller that allows users to retard timing and add fuel to virtually any engine, even on variable cam timing engines (VTEC, iVTEC, VVTi, MiVEC, etc.).". But looks like it will need some minimal level of expertise. Planning to have a visit to the workshop where this is done to check if this is something that can be done by someone with little/no knowledge of powertrains and still tune ones car.

Engine Management Systems - AEM Series 2 EMS, Plug and Play Engine Management - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics

If anybody is here with previous experience using such system please share your experience as well.
  2. albyspunto

albyspunto Timido

kochi
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Dual Channel Tuning Box from Racedynamics

I had read in some forum that Racedynamics, Bangalore was developing a Dual Channel Tuning Box that would tune both the turbo and fuel injector, unlike existing Dieseltronic Pro which controls the fuel intake only and not air intake by turbo. IIRC the new box was supposed to be launched in Dec. 2012 or Jan. 2013.

Would any member, specially those from Bangalore, be in a position to share the latest news on this tuning box. There is no mention of this box in the official site of RD. Any news on when we can expect this dual channel box in the market would be most welcome.
  4. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    you said it buddy

though the guy provided with the tracking number and all - and it was received at the delhi customs office too - but somewhere it got lost..
    the hunt for the right tuning box has begun again
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    what about Racechip,did you bought it ? if its with you,can we have a deal :D
    it costs a bomb when it is imported to india :- Product Cost + Shipping charges + Custom Duty :(
  6. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    dear ganges

the racechip will cost u around 14 to 15K when u import it in india.. the last time i bought it was around 14k including customs..
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I almost bought the RaceChip, as it would have costed me around 7k only if I ordered it while I was in The Netherlands. But, cancelled it after receiving few suggestions from our esteemed members. There is a proposal for another trip in the last week of July this year. But, cannot confirm it as of now until the actual tickets arrive. I might try to get one this time probably if you want.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    im also doing some home work about tuning box, i have asked one of my friend from ex-fiat to look into the best tuning box.
    if made up my mind with racechip,i will inform you for sure.

- - - Merged Post - - -

that cost almost comes to half of the product price :(
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Those who really believe that technically the car should drive perfect - stay away from tuning boxes. I have tested almost all of them and have logs of data from the ecu scanners which show detrimental effects and also the failure of so called theory of fooling the ECU. To be frank the ECU is too smart to be fooled by a gimmick box.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Italia,
    You mean to say that ECU cant be fooled ?