1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    OMG! That's why hail Indian Govt! ;)
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hi All,

Is the Race chip tuning box different for Linea and Punto? or are they the same? i saw a add that a brand new rece chip is for sale. it was for his Linea. but he is now upgrading to another car so its for sale. can i use this for my Punto? mine is 75HP version.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Yes. Its the same. You may grab it.
  4. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    ya racechip is the same. The Settings differ from punto to linea.
  5. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    bought meself a diesel express tuning chip for my 90 hp punto.

any idea about it guys??

costed about 8.5k inclusive of shipping - should be reaching me within a week's time or so.
  6. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    if any one need a Racechip let me know..I Got 15euros discount on the price...:)
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i have bought the same.. but never installed it..
  8. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    8.5k is dirt cheap. I would be very skeptical about the results.
  9. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    i am placing a order for Racechip for my friends Fiesta..if any one is interested in getting a chip for punto or linea or palio diesel, we can place a order together and save the shipping cost and more over i got a discount of 15 euros on the product. kindly PM me if anyone is interested..i am placing a order on monday or tuesday.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So what is the consensus on Tuning Boxes? After reading this thread extensively, I think it tends to harm the Car in one way or another. However, I also agree that we need something to tame the Punto 90HP; especially in the 1st & 2nd gears. It is absolutely not fun to drive in City traffic. Whether a tuning box is the only option is what I am trying to figure out.
    As for ECU Remaps, I agree with another community that those are best avoided unless done professionally on premium cars at a premium price point.