1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Just unplug the box when you take your car to the TASS, no errors shown on the OBD run.
    1 person likes this.
  2. macky

macky Amatore

a little OT:
    ok, now that the remap is talked about! can I go for a remap on 75HP punto and if so, who are the best in the business in Hyderabad! pointers please.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Both my car and Sat-chit-anand's car are 75PS only,
    I've driven about 2000kms till date after the remap no issues...
    If you are interested PM me I will give you Siddharth's number
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

1 person likes this.
  5. Details

The Results are based different tests done.

The tests are done for finding the following -
    1. Mileage
    2. In-gear Acceleration ( 20-80 in 3rd gear, 40-120 4th gear)
    3. Acceleration figures 0-60, 0-100, 0-150
    4. Top Speed
    5. Pollution
    6. Refinement

The Devices & Methods used in this process were -
    1. Tank full to tank full for 1
    2. V-Box & GPS phones for 2,3 & 4
    3. Smoke Meter & Pollution testing for 5
    4. Decibel meter for 6 ( NVH levels)

Basing on these a Point system was used to determine the positions.

Lot more things like DYNO charts, Exhaust gas temperatures were also used for this Extensive comparison.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. @probiker,
    I would be great if you can share the test results of Exhaust Gas Tempearture alone for the Tuning Boxes?? as the driving ablity of people may differ, many wanted to drive sedately and many wanted to drive sprited. While on highways i have never come down beloe 100kmph and always say around 120kmph and in cities due to traffic i never crossed 60kmph. so he usage differs, a common driving dyno test it more required but not for all, can you get it??

So if possible can you share the DYNO charts and Exhaust gas temperatures for the tuning box wih ranks??
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i have come across a few who use diesel express.. they give a +ve feedback when they ought it and 1st time test/drive..but not sure what is their feedback after a long term use..
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Thomman85- For the shipment race-chip asks 45 Euros extra + Import duty! It becomes almost 14 grands!
  9. Not any more, Today i had my raceChip shipped, the Import duty is almost 55% for me, i paid Rs.4650 apart from 12,167K

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

@Jishnu, i saw the Factory settings were "B" "1" I am not sure if this is a perfect settings as i just see a very marginal increase in power. As per your findings what are the optimum settings? give me some good settings and some agressive power settings...Thanks
  10. Probiker have you tried ASA tuning box, it cost me 7000 Rs including shipping, no import duties charged. It has the same settings as Race chip. The website stated 89 hp and 184kmph. It is good to include this box aswell