1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ProBiker, any further updates you have? Please do keep it coming.
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Guys if any one is interested I have a race chip to sell. It will fits all 1.3 FIATs let me know if anyone is interested.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Why do you want to sell it??
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

This is a good initiative ProBiker.Please post the effect of this on engine in a long run. I was planning for Petes tuning box but i am worried about the reliability factor.
  5. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

from what I heard, with the pete's tuning box, there have been reports of the turbo going kapoot lot sooner than expected. there also is a major issue with the warranty going void.

i somehow am convinced about the diesel tuning box as it is simple DIY plug n play. though we need to find out from anandlnt how it has been performing.

and also whether it would be available for the 90 hp punto.

and apparently is almost 75% cheaper than pete's or any other comparable product. these are selling for about 28-30k (AFAIK), but the diesel tuning kit is available for 7-8k if not mistaken.
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Please pardon me but i thought tuning box are available only for diesel engines and for petrol engines we need to go for an ECU remap.

@ samyakmodi: Pete's tuning box is also a DIY job as it is also direct plug n play. I thought Pete's tuning has a better reputation as its tried and tested. The issue is it is priced bit higher than its competitors.
  7. Rizzou

I would always bet on Pete's not that i have used just the reviews after usage. Only thing bad i heard is the vehicle emmits more black smoke while you revv high. Guess thats it but performs best otherwise, second disadvantage is "Vitamin M" thats keeping me away from getting hands on one.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I hope you guys dont mind my statement, its only said in the best of interests.

Choosing between tuning boxes is like choosing which one of the list of worst solutions is the best. In the end, they are all bad.

9. What are the hopes of a tuning box/ ECU remap for 1.4 petrol???
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Contact TFI member Fastlove for his experience on these things. He has had his 1.4 Linea tuned.