1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ProBiker, Feb 23, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Dear all,

I own a Grande Punto Active 1.3 MJD and am quite happy with it performance so far. But now there is this bug for more performance after going through several posts of people who have installed Tuning boxes and have done ECU remapping.
    Since remapping seems to be quite expensive for me when compared to purchasing a Tuning box, I am inclined more towards Tuning boxes. My current FE is around 13 - 13.5 in city driving. I can live with a FE drop of another 1 kmpl.
    I am staying in The Netherlands for another 3 weeks before coming back to India. This gives me a chance to purchase a tuning box without any major shipping costs.
    Now I have come accross two options which are mentioned below

Tuning Box : Race Chip
    Stock : 75PS & 190NM
    With Tuning Box : 94PS & 255NM
    Price : 129 Euros + 0 Euros Shipping Charges
    Rs. 9030 (approx.)

Tuning Box : Diesel Express
    Stock : 75PS & 190NM
    With Tuning Box : 96PS & 238NM
    Price : 89 GBP + 5.95 GBP Shipping Charges
    Rs. 8280 (approx.)

Please guide me on which Tuning box should I opt for?
    Would there be a problem with the Customs when I carry the tuning box along with me to India?
    Also in future, if I would change my car for any other manufacturer/model, can I simply plug and play the same Tuning box?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I will be watching this space closely so just subscribing to the thread. Both of them seem very affordable.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    You may get few tuning box even cheaper than that Diesel Express... But My suggestion would be to go for RaceChip as its tested and proven... I know quite many people using this box and few have covered 30000+ Km with that box on and still no problem whatsoever. Recently I too got the racechip from Germany...

I asked one of my friend to carry it along while his recent trip to Germany... No problem of customs while you carry it along to india as a single or couple of pieces can be considered for personal use and not for commercial use.

Cheers...

Neel
  4. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the prompt reply Neel. Race chip it is then. I will probably order it in a day or two.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can these be used on 90HP?
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
  7. Final Result

These are the Final Standings now -

1. Race Dynamics,
    2. Spider,
    3. Engine Cal,
    4. Pete's,
    5. Race Chip,
    6. Tunit.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm happy to see RD win because I had personally felt that it was a definite VFM ..
    However what is the basis of this final claim?
    Can you please share more info on how its was achieved?
  9. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    @ Prabhakar: Would you suggest me to go for Race Chip then? I was planning to meet you up for fitting the box when I am back in Hyderabad.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What is the impact on warranty of the car when fitting a tuning box?