1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

comparison of my linea with my friend's new linea mjd

Discussion in 'Technical' started by lakshminandan, Oct 4, 2015.

1. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    After positive feedback and persuasion from me my friend also purchased a new linea mjd emotion (new pearl white). Until I drove his car i thought that everything was ok regarding my car(I have not driven any fiat vehicle other than mine before), though I had faced some issues with car. Here are some of the comparisons-
    (1) though my car is 12k on the odo and his only 0.6 k, still his car seems to be lot smooth and free revving than me. Pick up is also better than me.
    (2)I have read that fiat cars have stiffer suspension so at low speeds ride is a bit bumpy while at high speed the ride is lot more flat and comfortable.But I found my car is too bumpy at low speeds as well as at high speeds. Even on little less bad roads my car shakes and struggles while other cars like swift, i20s zoo past me. But my friend's car is lot more stable and has no sounds from the suspension while some of the thuds filter into the steering and it also rattles a bit.
    It is to be noted that occasionally on some days I feel that pick up of my car is good and it feel smooth to drive. That day suspension also seems to work fine and I get a good mileage too. But again after next day or two, it feels very rough to drive. I am worried that could my car be one of those lemons that are rolled out once in a while from the factory. Will the issues be rectified?As my 2nd servicing is only 3k away can anybody please tell me what may be the reasons for my issues so that I can ask the FASS to solve them?
    Thanks.

IMG_20151004_200421.jpg
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @lakshminandan , bumpiness also depends on the tire pressure. Did you tried varying them?
    Regarding acceleration, check if you can get the Ecu update, that should make things better.
    For suspension, once you're set with air pressure, driving a bit fast ob the rough roads will flatten out the things.
    Tornado likes this.
  3. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @pabhishek .I had tried changing tire pressure. But the bumpiness remains. The fiat technician also told that my front right suspension bushing may have been damaged.Driving fast in the little bit rough roads is also not working.Could there be some other problem? Regarding the ecu update I had enquired at FASS, Guwahati but they told that no such update is yet available. Is it not available at all cities? I have to ask the proprietor of the dealer about it.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    ECU update is provided by Fiat India for the whole country, irrespective of the any specific geographical location.
    Regarding shock ups, take opinion of any local mechanic, and then check with FASS. Your vehicle is anyways in full warranty, so need not to bother much. change the entire set, if required.
    lakshminandan likes this.
  5. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Just now I called to FASS,Guwahati and also at the all India toll free customer care number about the ecu update. It is strange that even the customer care executive is unaware about the ecu update. He told that dealer will provide the update if it is available. But dealers know nothing about it. Can I contact with higher authorities of FIAT India regarding this? I was also very surprised when they told me that they know nothing about TFI.
  6. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    I had my second free servicing done on 24/11/15.Both my concerns are now almost resolved. After changing engine oil, air filter and fuel filter the drive had become smoother than before. I also got my suspension checked and found that both the elastic pads of front suspension were damaged. After the replacement the ride has become far more plush than before. Now I am a more happy owner of a Linea.
    Cheers!
    KPR likes this.
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I have read earlier in some other thread that the ECU update is only for Punto. Folks who have done the upgrade can you provide specific about for which model and Year of manufacturing the upgrade is applicable?

Thanks.
  8. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    I have also asked at the FASS Guwahati, but they are not aware of any ecu update. They told that whenever it will be available to them they will invite all the customers eligible for the update.