1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Comparision - Fiat in India and Brazil

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I found this from sat's facebook page, few slides were interesting, so I am sharing here.
    Source - http://www.slideshare.net/yogeshpotaliya/fiat-auto-india-vs-brazil

2. shams

shams Esperto

In the second slide it says, Fiat was founded in 1988 instead of 1899 :)!
    6 people like this.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    An interesting insight. What Brazil is to Fiat, is India to Maruti. Fiat should launch more models/cars to at least make if feasible financially and leave the engine business a separate vertical.

The cars in my view for Fiat to think about launching these here.

1. Small car under Punto, may be Novo Palio or the Panda
    2. Get the Punto Evo soon, so that it can be held for another 3-4 years atleast and plonk the Tjet engine for enthusiasts.
    3. Get rid of the classic and introduce Sienna
    4. The Facelifted Linea
    5. A compact SUV like the Duster/Ecosport. For god sake do not get the Punto Adventure, its like shooting your own foot.
    6. Fiat Viaggio at the top of the price chart.

But before all these, get the distribution system and after sales on track, else it will be a disaster in the making
    5 people like this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

to be very honest indians are emotional buyers and the image FIAT lost from the days of the Padmini and Palio they have just not regained it back.
    This is only possible if they had turned around their customer satisfaction image but they again failed at it.
    So unless they really concentrate on interiors, build quality, service, A.S.S , insurance claims they wont even get another 3% share above what they have now.
    I'm just hoping they have realized this and awaiting new launches in 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Difference in number of models offered in two countries says it all. One has to have a good portfolio spread to keep the existing customers intact through upgrades and to woo new customers as well. This is where Hyundai managed to capture market well. At the end of day it provides a customer wide options to choose. Just the other day, my colleague upgraded from a Santro to Grand i10, another fellow; from i20 to Verna. This really helps to retain existing customer base.

Agree to Krishna's list. Wish to see it happen. Small car and Viaggio is definitely needed. Can't wait to see Viaggio beauty on Indian roads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  6. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

"honest indians are emotional buyers and the image FIAT lost from the days of the Padmini and Palio they have just not regained it back."
    Agree. For most buyers ,pricing and resale value are important factors in India.This is where Maruti/Hyundai score over Fiat and other car makers.Multiple models give customer better flexibility in terms of buying. Fiat has presence in Brazil last 36 years.almost what Maruti Suzuki has in India(33 years)!.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Difference between both countries product portfolio is quite vast & opposite.
    India is a country where govt policies are very dirty & strict to car manufacturers like to have small cars under 4 mtrs,to hav 1.5 below engine,to not have more than 170 mm GC & other things to not attract more tax.But Brazil govt is not like indian govt.
    Agreed i m going OT but Fiat should think about govt's policies & launch cars priced less with more features & good quality for indian buyers wheras in brazil quality,features have more scope than pricing it less.Fiat should launch more cars like how ford,honda & hyundai are doing nowadays.Fiat should show seriousness to indian market by launching a huge number of cars from its global portfolio in India to win customer's mind,change brand perception,improve ASS more which is improving slowly & steadily now.
    Get more products in different segments like how i10,grand i10,grand i10 sedan to be launched soon & i20 are positioned & same way Maruti,Ford,Honda too hav this type of strategy,customer will pick one or the other car from your wide portfolio displayed in showrooms.
    Fiat India get serious like Fiat Brazil:D
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Fiat Brazil, Maruti Suzuki India, Hyundai India show their "Dedication at your work" and deserve for what they are. Fiat India ,with it's diluted and pathetic efforts deservers to be a tail.I am already exhausted explaining people about FIAT and LINEA after my purchase.The brand awareness is REALLY GREAT :firey.

Long way to go FIAT INDIA!
  9. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

For Suzuki & Hyundai India is an export hub to many countries.
    Main Reasons:-
    1. Cheap Labour and improving production quality.
    2. Logistic Support To many Ports.
    3. Relatively Cheap land cost.
    4. Support by the State(s) govt.
    5. Trade Tie Ups of India with Many Countries.
    6. And important India is Right Hand Drive Country.

Therefor Hyundai And Suzuki are focusing on India. Also the domestic demand is increasing. That's why we saw Global Launches are started in India, like
    i10 was unveiled in India, Dezire is developed and distributed to other countries. Same is with Honda 'City', it is a Global Debut. Now in coming days we are going to see i10 grand sedan and many more.

I think after taking over Chrysler, Fiat will make its move and we will be able to see many new models. I heard that Chrysler have opened an R&D center in Chennai Autocar Professional

So Guys I Think Fiat is cooking something big in Backyard and they will surly serve something very interesting, but not before 2016...::D
    2 people like this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Totally agree. Like I mentioned in some other thread, I once gave a TD of my Jet to a relative of my friend and they were very impressed. However, I am told they purchased a Vento. They felt that the Linea steering was a bit heavy:uh.. What to do now ?
    I am sure the VW SA must have won them over with his "German engineering " BS.
    1 person likes this.