1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Commute inside City - RE Thunder Bird or a Small Car ??

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bsrej, Jun 16, 2014.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Folks,

I have visited two bullet showrooms in Chennai (OMR and Besant Nagar) on Saturday. Took a test ride at both places. At OMR showroom, they gave me a test ride on TB 500 (they didn't had a TB 350 for test ride). Ride was good, but couldn't do a long ride there. More over I wanted to check TB 350. So they advised me to go to Besant Nagar brand store.

So we went to the brand store, they promptly offered us the test ride on a 2012 TB 350. Took it for a spin towards Besant nagar beach road. Ride was cool, my son also liked it very much.

Talked to the sales executive and he said there is a waiting period of 3 months and explained other features as well. We checked the available colors.

I don't know whether it was a rush of blood; I quickly decided to book the vehicle !!!! :p. This was the quickest decision I have taken in my life on buying an automobile. I paid Rs.5000/- as booking amount and booked a TB 350 ES in Marine color :D ....

I am not sure whether I have taken the right decision, but the three months wait period and the reassurance from the SE that I can make changes to the booking (or even cancel) gave me the courage to do that...
    4 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on booking the RE.

An enthusiast remains an enthusiast always. Very hard to change him with the talk of practicality. :D
    2 people like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the new Thunderbird. I am sure the wait would be well worth it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just one small query, how will you manage the three months. Is your new location travel already started or there is time yet?
  4. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Simpleson.. Now I am commuting by bus (Volvo A/c) which is comparatively a good option.. But it is taking around 2 hours one way.

Thanks Ramesh... You are right, some decisions are taken with heart (the decision to buy a FIAT as well) not with head :D
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, bsrej. :)

The right decision, IMO.

I waited for 5 months for my bird. Good things in life don't come off the shelf!
    1 person likes this.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    +1 to Ravi sir

for sure, u wont regret it.. been riding the TBTS for as long as it has been in the market.. mine happens to be the 03rd commercially produced TBTS from the factory(as claimed by the dealer).. crossed 76000 km.. still running as good as ever.. Only a FIATIAN will ever go for a TB and vice versa too holds true..
    3 people like this.
  7. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    congrats
    as some one said " boys ride bikes,men ride bullet":p
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014