1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Commute inside City - RE Thunder Bird or a Small Car ??

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bsrej, Jun 16, 2014.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would also not suggest using a bike daily for such long distance..

on a lighter note, how about exchanging your tjet with some tfian's punto mjd if you can somehow manage your first problem..;)
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    :D No exchange of my TJET, can't even think about it. Parking is the biggest concern at the moment and Punto won't do any better :(

I am using public transport now. Thought about Nano (is available under a lakh) but the lack of PS is holding me back.

No CNG in Chennai. Palio won't help in parking either....

Considering this, what about the riding comfort ? Any chance of getting back pain or something with a daily commute of 50 Kms round trip ? A bit concerned on that part

Palio won't help in the parking aspect. Nano doesn't have PS for the older versions. They have introduced that in the new models (Nano Twist), and that is not yet available in the used market..........

I am also concerned about auto LPG and that too in Nano. Considering estilo as well, any idea on the FE ?

What about the FE of Nano ? And how comfortable are you with the steering effort with in city limits ?
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The new Thunderbird 350 is within your budget. Go for it. With Thunderbird 350, you can commute within the city and ride a trip outside the city occasionally. I ride my Thunderbird 500 easily within Chennai and also on long mega rides once in a couple of months.
    2 people like this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Its nano and not Truck, I have driven nano without PS, no issues at all.
    Once the car is in motion is a very light steering, only when its parked and you want to twist entire wheel before making motion then you will feel some stiffness, but that to not to hard, its very easy.

I have seen plenty of house wives driving nanos to pick and drop there kids to various classes and to do grocery shoppings. Generally its there second car. If there would have been any pain due to lack of PS, ladies whould have never used it :p

Take a demo, you will yourself realize that nano is like go kart :D You can flick it very easily and park it very easily in tight spaces :D
    4 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lots of real information are missing about Nano :).
    You are driving Fiat, so you will like non PS Nano more than PS version :), except at the time of parking.
    Go take test drive, Nano is better in many aspect, even compared to double of its cost cars in market.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Zen Estilo offers 11.5-12 in city with AC under medium to heavy traffic. About 16-17+ on highways and approx 18.5 on expressway drives.
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes Thats true. My wife i bought nano for my wife and she is using it for her daily commute to her office. The steering is not at all a problem. As you mentioned it could be a problem at the parking but it can be manageable.
    1 person likes this.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

If you like to ride, buy the thunderbird. A bike is always easy to manage, will cut down the travel time, is low on maintenance and you will never get the feeling of riding a bullet in any car :) Thunderbird is very comfortable - don't worry about back ache.

PS: I am commuting 60 kms a day to work and I ride every day.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are considering a new vehicle for 2 reasons:
    01. Lack of parking at new office
    02. Economy (you have a TJET)

As far as economy is concerned, it will prove more economical to continue using the TJET for this 1 year of posting at the new office instead of buying another vehicle and selling it later after suffering depreciation. Because even RE will give you 25-35kmpl instead of 10-12kmpl of TJET and moreover you spent 1.5+ lacs on a bike. The money saved by driving a second hand diesel car instead of a petrol TJET will also not be too much as compared to the money that might be lost in resale later on.

Although I agree that RE will not let you suffer any depreciation but it has a long waiting period of its own so delivery may take time.
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Car Pooling... ? ::D