1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Common man's Merc -My punto 1yr /14k kms review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Cinju, Dec 30, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

Ciniju - you can use the Mothers protectant on tyres too. If you are looking for exclusive tyre dressers, megs, mothers and many other brands have them. I have no personal experience, but have heard water based tyre dressers are better than silicon based ones because silicon based ones leaves some residues. Again, not sure how much it is true.

I agree about the service center guys - that is the same reason i started using the protectent.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    long time since you updated this thread... where is the update regarding alloys and tires ?? !
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I just missed this thread though I didn't miss Cinju ji on TFI:D Thanks varun for surfacing it out.
    Cinju the car looks awesome. It is the time for a Sadya. Hungry to see the photos. :p
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes yes Varun..pardon me. My upgrade was nothing different as I upgraded to stock OEM alloys & the tires opted were Bridgestone My01 Sports Tourer which again is not at all a popular model. It was too early to say that the tires I had opt for are good. But for me the ride & handling quality had a drastic improvement from the stock JK Tornadoes. It is very silent & wet & dry grip are also good. Dry grip I felt much better than JKs. But I cannot say how good it is when compared to Yokos, Michelins etc. So that was why I didn't update anything.

Thanks Sun. Will definitely update the photos.:)
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. shakthesh

shakthesh

Chennai
    Wow, touch wood is she one year old, looks like she s been just delivered!!! I can see the LOVE you have to your punto!!! KUDOS...
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks shakthesh . Hopefully I shall update some snaps by saturday with the latest add-ons.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The Upgrades

New Sparco Wiper Blades
    IMG_2292-001.jpg

Punto OEM alloys with FIAT air valve caps
    IMG_2293-001.jpg

Bridgestone My01 Sports Tourer Tire
    IMG_2294-001.jpg

Tire Thread Pattern
    IMG_2296-001.jpg

Star Kagu Mat (Front Passenger Side)
    IMG_2299-001.jpg

Star Kagu Mat (Rear)
    IMG_2303-001.jpg

Star Kagu Mat (Front DriverSide)
    IMG_2310-001.jpg

IMG_2308-001.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    5 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What is the price of wiper blades? Is it curvy as original?Mats look good, but don't you think black is more practical considering maintenance?
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sun the MRP of blades are 1000 Rs & 850 Rs for the 24" blade & 16" blade respectively. I had actually started a new thread with detailed report on the Wiper blades which is still pending for moderation. It is curvey as original & if the thread is not approved, I shall make a write up in this thread itself with more pics. Mat ofcourse black would look better. Star kagu mats had 2 designs called Indus & Atlas & now they have one more model called Sigma (http://Check here) . I had opted for Indus model due to High command pressure ;) & Indus only came in beige. Apart from the looks, the mats are very practical. The easiest to clean & wash & of good quality & around 1000 tp 1500 bugs cheaper than 3D mats.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore