1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i really messed it up.. in Point 4....... i only exposed the damaged area and the colour dif was evident.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I know this happened to me too the first time i tried on the rear bumper....
    The thing is for very small dimensions its best to leave it as is..
    There has to be a fair bit of surface area to cover as well that way the paint finish will look really nice and clean.

Now this brings me to another point. i noticed that the painted surface is a bit rough . i'm guessing it needs clear coat. Where do i get that?
    I saw the com-paint webpage for that. But dont really know which one is the clear coat. can anyone paste the exact link i should be looking at ...
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    There are some scratches on my front bumper. Sadly medium grey is not listed in the colors available for FIAT :(
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I see it listed.

MG.jpg
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    man, a little while back i checked and found that medium grey is not listed there. Now I check and find that Medium grey is listed, but tuscan wine is not :D
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    guys... help for me please??? What amongst the listed items on that website qualifies as clear coat??/
    post the link please.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ Look for Clear Lacquer. That should be what you need.
  8. So it it possible to just use Lacquer over existing painted surface? just to get the shine?
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That is what I understand, but I am no expert in this field.
  10. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My dear friend Prajith, I was reading your posts. Sad! Your gem got such a bad incident. Hope it is all clear now. Share the pics. Between, I will call you to grab your experience and knowledge :)

@Cinju, Did you buy the com-paint for you TW? Pls tell me if you planning to do it. I also have very light scratches, after reading the posts I also feel to hide those.

Thanks,
    Ganesh