1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Last time I checked they did not have OB, any news if they have it now?
  2. Reisender

Guys, I'm unable to find the Tuscon wine color in the com paint site. Is it not available or am i missing it?
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Tuscon wine is still available.. follow the link..select model and then colour.. Tuscon wine is the 1st colour in the list

Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

i think it not out yet ..other wise would have been on the website
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Ok I just patched up the front bumper.. here is the review about com-paint.

In a sentence ::: Com paint is a gem that every car lover should have,
    Now lets begin.

I own a black punto, and the left front bumper (from the fog lamps till the wheel arch) was scrapped quite badly . I mean on a black car these scrape marks were literally "in you're face evident". I always felt bad until recently i purchased com-paint.
    Some few days ago i had used this on a few places on the rear bumper and was not happy with the result. This time though i wanted to make a clean job so went through the instructional video (it's not very clear , they have left out some key things in that video).
    So this time i read the instructions on the cans cleanly and prepared myself and the car ..
    Newspapers everywhere to prevent overspray and then i was ready.

1.) Wet sand the problem area cleanly and thoroughly.. Take you're time with this as it's important. Always keep the surface wet and sand till you get an overall smooth finish on the intended surface.
    2.) shake the cans well, (till you're arms ache , and still continue).
    3.) spray a few rounds on the floor to get the paint going.
    4.) Keep the can at least 20 inches away and being spraying in strokes.. NEVER STAY IN THE SAME AREA FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECS.
    5.) Wait for a minute or 2 and then remove all the coverings that you've done to prevent over spray.
    NOW , you will see a clear distinction between the painted and the unpainted area. Quickly grab the com-merge and spray this at the boundary (Be liberal, no problem).

I did these just now and Watched my car return to old glory.. Really really happy that the Damage is resolved.. Since my scrapes were a bit deep even after the paint job if you go very very close to the bumper you can see that the bumper is damaged..
    The solution to such things would be to simply use a putty to fill the cavities and then sand it to get an even finish , later use com-paint.

Final verdict.
    Thank god i came across this... Even though upon very very close inspection one can see the rework.. Its not visible if seen causally and i'm happy about that...
    Finally my car can be made scratch proof. ;-)

I have another half portion to do.. Will do it over the weekend and put up some pics...
    3 people like this.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

How did you find BLACK as they do not have it listed under "Fiat" colors? I am looking for OB but they don't have that either.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hip Hop Black was on sale until a couple of months ago. Now it's gone, I emailed them and they said it should be available in a couple of weeks but it has been over 2 months now and still nothing.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

vj_v1, I got probably a month back and yes upon you're comment i checked their website and its now gone...

But here is the thing, they have many resellers so what you can do is check out with them and get it.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

its definitely not 2 months since I saw it up on their website, that much i can assure you.. I think i ordered a can of value pack on 8or 9th of June from their website only
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

You got me there !!!. Time is running slower than i thought then :). I just checked back the date on the mail i sent. It's 11th June indeed.

Date: 11/06/2012 1:36:38 PM
    To: sales@com-paint.com
    Subject: Feedback Detail :Aeroaids
  9. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    This is wonderful product and this is what I did:

Things you need: Com-paint, sand paper, tape, news paper, knife, filler, thinner, rubbing compound, polish and wax.

1. Wash the surface and do some sanding to even out the scratch. Note: dip the sand paper in water often while sanding.
    2. Apply filler only if the scratch is deep. It is a pain to apply in small are so you can avoid it. The mark will be seen from closer distance but cant be identified easily. I used metal paste for filler. There is something else for the actual purpose.
    3. Do some sanding to even out the surface.
    4. Cover the area with newspaper to avoid paint to fall on other surface.Note: if you expose only the area that needs to be painted then this will leave a colour difference at times.
    5. Spray Com-Paint over the scratch. Note: you will need some practice and lot of pacience. Spray in light coat and allow it to dry between coats (2-3 mins). Spray till you find the coulour is matching. The fist time you spray don't expect the scratch to be covered, take time for the second coat. Its time consuming but will have better result. Spray it from a distance that you feel the paint will not drip. (Try in other surface to know the correct distance.). I started spraying from close distance when I found that the paint is not covering the scratch, but that lead me redo the whole thing multiple times since it started dripping.
    6. If you over spray then use thinner to remove the paint. Other products that come with Com-paint is not of use except for the sand paper. You can get additional sand paper for safty.
    7. Allow the paint to set for 24hrs and avoid it from exposing to dust.
    8. Apply some rubbibg coumpound to merge the new painted surface and the original paint.
    9. Apply polish and wax for the final touch.

Pics in earlier post. I thought of sharing this since I got a message asking for the same.
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Ok so here is are the results...
    Preparing the workspace

Wet sanding the whole area till a smooth finish is obtained.

Work done

What I've noticed: The emery paper given has a very very short life, it becomes useless in a matter of minutes.
    I think its because of the grit rating .. So in case you need to sand a larger area its best to buy a new sheet and keep