1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Enki, I was saying about Com-cut that came along with Com-paint. I think its a rubbing compound. As per the Com-paint instruction, it has to be applied after 24 hrs of painting. I think its to remove extra pain that has been over sprayed and to merge it with existing one. So it removed the paint that I sprayed on the scratched part. I may have to redo allover again and apply metal paste as you said. Probably that is the reason why its not sticking on to the surface.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Prajith, If the scratch is causing any undulation on the sheet, it would be visible after painting job too. You can feel the undulation by sensing it with your finger. Earlier it was a white streak, later it's get painted inside but still visible if watched carefully. What i could guess from pic, you need to apply some metal paste & level it. Remove all the paint with thinner, fill 4-5 pinches of metal paste & level it. Rub it to smoothen it & paint it again. Don't worry, it won't spoil the original colour in-fact you would be training yourself for future situations. Better to get it on spot at the 1st go!

Don't apply com-cut or shining spray, that's crap. in-fact it removes the paint from scratch by diluting it & flow it to the portion where painting isn't required:dancing. i mentioned that as my first observation in my post during my paint job. Instead after completing the paint job, After an hour or so, rub it for 15-20 min. It will mingle it with the rest of the color.
    I repeat again, don't be afraid or doubtful. You can do all R&D's with thinner alongside:p. Albeit be careful while leveling with metal paste (thinner can't help you there:mrgreen:) & shake spray well before use as clots do form. Better master it now & sharing observations will be helpful for us too. Good luck!
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Experiment with Com-Paint (My Red FIAT key)
    I know it did not come out well, I dropped it after painting so tried sanding to correct it. I over did it. Just wanted to share this to show how the paint will be on a non metallic surface.

IMG_5041-2.jpg IMG_5019.jpg IMG_5009.jpg IMG_5006.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    7 people like this.
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Wow... That's a good looking key... :) Ordered Bosa Nova white value kit after seeing your key... will be trying it on my car's key
  5. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks and all the best. You will need a lot of patience to do a painting job. I dint have it and you can find it on the outcome. If its your first time then have thinner along with you.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have placed an order for Com-Paint Value Pack.
    On reading the description it was mentioned NOTE: Clear Lacquer Single Can (120 Gms) available seperately in Motorcycle Color Shades - General Category. Is it required..?
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thomma just for small touch ups this is not required. But if you are touching up an entire area like the ORVM cover, this would be an added advantage. This is nothing but clear coat.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If you haven't found TW color yet.. then com-paint.com has started selling it..
    You can take a look at it..

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Just ordered a Value pack for HIP HOP BLACK, how long does it generally take for delivery?
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You will get it within a weeks time.
  10. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    COMPaint is good if you know how to use it , its good for minor scratches , much better than touching when done sensibily . Give 5 min gap between coats , and no need to use shiner given with it , no need of sanding .