1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Do some rubbing to smooth it & repeat one more coat (shake well the spray).
    But that glittering is something unusual.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Chances are that the spray can was not shaken properly prior to usage. Just shake the can vigorously. Use some scratch removal paste /mild rubbing compound and apply with firm pressure. This is to check if you are able to remove the surface glitter alone . Most probably you may have to re-apply one more coat. Before applying to the body, just spray out some paint so that what you get is fresh from the can and not something which stayed on the spray nozzle /tube.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    any vocal white owner here has used a com paint. since the shade is no longer available will have to search the closest shade available. i think the safari's metallic white color is the closest. what say?
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yeah. even manza's color is close. but i would say do a professional paint matching rather than com paint.

i tried my hands on the kit on my old silky silver alto. the paint doesnt match properly and its hard to merge it. as soon as you spray the com-merge spray the paint dribbles down.
  5. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @ gopscreative, have ordered for Com-paint and will be getting it today. I am planning to start my paint work sometime by 4pm. Do let me know if you want to drop in.
  6. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Some pics after using Com-paint. I messed it up in some area, ill have to redo it again. However I managed to learn from my mistakes and got it somewhat good result.

This is what I messed up...
    33 Before 22.jpg 33 Before.jpg
    After
    33 After 22.jpg
    The other places look fine, but we can identify the spot from a closer distance though not visible from these pics.
    11 Before 2.jpg 11 Before.jpg 11 After.jpg 22 Before 1.jpg 22 After 2.jpg 44 Before 33.jpg 44 After 33.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Prajith really a fair job.:clap. Anyways touchup finish wont come upto the original spray paint finish. Ofcourse practise can bring out even better result. Take care of your beauty
    1 person likes this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

:evilsmile Man, you are expecting too much of yourself. That's pretty nice job done. I give you full marks on this.
    That's better than painting whole window at TASS with Rs. 4000-5000 & car being left there for 4-5 days.
    Repeat one more coat from max. distance so that vapors nicely settle on the sheet with even density & some rubbing job to mingle it with the rest of the car:up. Perfect.
    I personally liked COM-Paint a lot since it's better any-day than simply being victim of dilemma of leaving car at dealership for a week or torturing yourself mentally every moment where owner keep staring at scratches only instead of the car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Enki, I applied the Com-Cut that came along with Com-paint. It removed some of the paint and the scratch is slightly visible. Do you know how and when I should apply? I did as per the instruction, I applied after 24hrs.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Pardon, I need to understand this. Do you mean removal of white paint being transferred from other vehicle during abrasion or your query is on the com-paint removal?
    Well whatever, get some thinner (or nail polish remover) 200-300 ml. Dip & soak a clean piece of cloth in a rich way & rub it over the affected area. Whether it's COM PAINT or the paint exchanged from abrasion, it will remove extra paint layers (com paint or paint transferred from other vehicle) other than original instantly. Purchase some metal paste from a denter & try to level the area by filling up the scratch using as lesser as possible. Keep the rest for future use. After than do rub the pasted part for 10-15 mins till it smoothens out nicely. Now apply COM Paint again from max. distance possible. It should do a fairly satisfying job. Repeat one more coat for some extra finish:drinks.