1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Never mind, just keep thinner alongside to undo in case you didn't like.
    If it's slight scratch, even Flamenco red should do the job with some touching brush/cotton.
  2. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Today, I accidently scratched my car with a bike while taking reverse. I would need some expert advice on how to get it fixed.
    1. Can I fix it myself with Com paint?
    2. Should I go for a pain job guy? If so how much will it cost? Recommendation of some good guy in Bangalore.
    3. If this can be fixed by me, then can someone share proper method to do it.
    DSC00391.jpg DSC00393.jpg DSC00392.jpg
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, It could be fixed with Com paint easily.
    Since it's a non metallic colour, touch spray will just work fine for you.
    Try to spray from max. distance feasible (around 2 feet) & do it in "Liner" fashion instead of continuous spray at one spot. The paint should contact the sheet just when spray becomes widest & least dense.
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    @Prajith, Hey let me know when are you planning for this activity. Even I need to hide some small scratches on my beauty..
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  5. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Enki, You don't know how relieved I am with your reply. Ill have to get it sometime next week and try it out.
    @ gopscreative: Sure Ill let you know.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I found this video in Youtube on how to apply Com-paint. How to Touchup a Scratch on your Car - YouTube
    However I think that my job may require some fill-up before i apply the paint. Please share any other video that I can refer before doing the job. If I need filler, then where can i get it? Do the normal paint shops have them?
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

A filler must be available with a Denter/auto-workshop & you can purchase.
    You may find it on shops too but not sure as i haven't tried that so far.
    In case, paint layer is peeled of making it uneven compare to the rest of sheet, you have to level it with the filler.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Just a small tip from my side. Before starting of with your car, try the spray on some metal piece so that you can know how much pressure you need to give on the spray button, how much distance you should maintain from the object , what should be the linear pattern etc & most important keep some thinner alongside in case you have to undo. Enki you forgot to mention this imp tip of yours :)
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep Cinju, i did. But i must clarify to the readers here. What-ever tips i have suggested, i wasn't able to follow none of them for at least first 2 attempts:A. I had to use the thinner to undo the paint & try again.
    These are tips directly from Com-Paint R&D section. So i would stick with them if i am using their product. Appreciate any feedback if some-one managed better effects with some alternate method.
  9. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2

Thanks a lot Cinju & ENKI. I think it was the most important tip :)
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Had a very old scratch which fellow TFI member ramjn help clear. We did use the metal paste and the filling came out nice and soft. However the paint we seem to have applied seem to have lots of glittering particles like the one in picture. Can you guys help? uploadfromtaptalk1327906188996.jpg

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk