1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Guys!! you have to practice to use Com-paint. What i would suggest is to get the product and use it with the help of a professional.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wasn't it available previously? I bought BNW from them few months back.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

This com-paint manufacturing plant is in near-by industrial area of Tikri border (NCR), i checked it on their site. So i went at the plant to purchase one. I was given the spray & colour was shown as a shade on the paper too. They got it wrong,horribly wrong. It was somewhat Linea's colour (Flamenco red:A). I told them that it is not Tuscan wine & you can have a demo on my car (the paint can be removed anytime with some cotton soaked in a thinner leaving original paint intact).They tried it & reaction was obviously::pP. The other guy was a bit different like:?
    They brought out the sample panel which they were referring as tuscan wine. It was some broken part of fender of a Flamenco red linea:mrgreen:

I gave them the cover of driver's side view mirror as a sample & they made the colour next day. I got the spray & finishing solvent as a complement. Well it's 90% satisfactory for metallic colours, can hide scratches. In case layers are peeled off leaving any void, it won't be successful as void will still be visible though it is painted inside:mrgreen:

So better to get some filler from a denter & fill it right level. Don't spray it too much around scratch area as it would hide that fantastic gloss of tuscan wine. Keep it limited to the scratch. You can always undo your sins with a cotton soaked in a thinner as i mentioned above.

P.S. Best method for a scratch, spray some colour on the cotton first & gently put it on scratch. It would easily hide the scratch without spraying to the surrounding. Finishing solvent is crap as that just dilutes the colour. Being diluted, the paint flows out from the scratch & spreads to the surrounding area where paint job is not required making scratch even more visible:mrgreen:. Some pics are attached & pls let me know if you managed to find better method.

Before,

After the spray:dancing,

Another case where paint is peeled off,

Before,

View attachment 18061

After:-? (some filler job is required),

Sorry for terrible pics quality, they were taken from the cellphone.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Ramjn earlier in this thread I had seen gods-envy post# 15 mentioning that BNW was not available with them. I was specifically looking for TW. So when they launched TW, I added both so that even gods-envy would come to know that they have BNW now in stock. Just for information :).

@Enki seems there is something wrong with the attachments. It is showing invalid attachment.

Capture.JPG
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    now where the hell did tuscan wine vanish ?? :) seems after your R&D instead of correcting the shade they corrected the name itself, freaky loosers.

compaint.jpg
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Not able to view attachments..
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Before,

Before.jpg

After the spray:dancing,

After 2.jpg After 1.jpg

Another case where paint is peeled off,

Before,

Before 1.jpg

After (some filler job is required):?,

After 1_1.jpg

Sorry for terrible pics quality, they were taken from the cellphone.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Dont tell me they shipped the wrong one to me..I am yet to open the can. OMG :uh
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Italia, If Tuscan wine is not mentioned on the site, doesn't matter. You can order it at their outlet as it is available now. It's corrected too so not to worry. But hey, It's worth just to hide scratches & don't try to paint more than 2-3 sq. inch of area. Ensure to level with the filler in case paint is peeled off & scratch is deeper. Tucson wine & many other colours being metallic in nature are just too glossy for touch up job but having said that, it could save a lot of money & headache.

It should work perfect for non-metallic colours though.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I knew that. Check it buddy if it is Flamenco red :mrgreen:
    But if they have shipped it "on or after 20th Jan 2012", it should be Tuscan wine.
    Else it is flamenco red.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    It was shipped prior to that. Let me drop them a mail & confirm. Thanx for the eye opener ENKI .:sad1

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What a prompt response from Com-paint. I had send a mail to com-paint fellows asking for clarification & within 30 mins I got a call from them telling that the item shipped is proper & I need not worry. Anyway I'll be checking it tomorrow. Need to fill up 2 very small scratches on the door edge & am planning to do with a small touch up brush or cotton. Hoping for the best.