1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Himanshu, Exotica red is avail now online :) .. i ordered while ago, Try now ...

Untitled.png
    1 person likes this.
  2. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too ordered yesterday for BNW.
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Using Com Paint to touch up scratches and stone hit chip outs advisable ?

Hi,

While Browsing through ebay.in for punto related products, I came across a paint touch up product named Com Paint. Its a value pack costing 600 which consists of 5-6 items required for touching up scratches. They have a tutorial video aswell showing how to get the work done. One thing I noticed is that they claim to have same colour combinations for each cars as that of OEM paint. I found that for Punto they offer paints in Tuscan Wine, Flamenco Red (Which is for Linea I guess) and Exotica Red.

The contents of the value pack are as follows.

• 1 Can of Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint(120gms)
    • 1 Can of Com-Merge, Finishing Solvent Spray (120gms)
    • 1 Tube of Com-Cut (50gms)
    • 1 Tube of Com-Fill (50gms)
    • 1 Com-Paint Rubber Applicator
    • 2 Com-Paint Emery Pads (EP - 400) & (EP - 2500) Grit.

And I found a website for them Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Please let me know if this can be used to touch up the front bumper scratches in my car which will not attract much eyes even if the colour varies a bit.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I too ordered one Exotic Red Value pack. Hope its fine to use and woont look patchy
  6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I also ordered the Exotica Red yesterday night
  7. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
  8. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I tried their Touch-up Pen (BNW). I had a small scratch at boot door, paint was peeled off. I used this Pen for multiple coats to level it up with the original paint. Results were pretty decent. Paint colour difference is not at all visible. But original scratch oulines are visible only on closure look...which is acceptable to me :)
  9. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ViPr, can you share some pics please ?

Btw, i received my ordered Com-Paint Value Pack yesterday.
  10. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This pic is a closer look of the scratch. There was a minor dent at this corner of the boot-door, which created this crack in the paint. I wasnt worried about it except at the bottom side of it where the underlying metal surface was exposed to catch rust easily. With this macro pic you can see the outlines of the Touched-up area. This unevenness was due to the dent. Although com-paint guys have provided a emery pad to rub it out. But I was not sure about side-effects of rubbing on the surrounding bodywork. So I left it as it is. But I cannot see the paint color difference even at a closer look. Maybe sometime later I may try adding more coats of it to blur the outlines.
    photo.JPG