1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it can be patched but there is a problem .
    Since your scratch is lengthy you will have to paint it very very carefully or else the patch from the new paint will become extremely visible especially since your car is dark color.
    Be very careful , cannot be stressed more!!

PS :: Do yourself a favour and pickup a can of clear coat as well from them. Or else the entire patched area is going to look rougher than other portions.
    1 person likes this.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks!!!! Theblack,

On the same note i have two queries,since you have used it before and right person to ask.

1.Scratches are quite lengthy in my car,so how much is the area do i need to mask??
    2.When do we use clear coat??

are there any specific measures to keep in mind while doing this on such lengthy scratch??
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Varoon,rather than doing a DIY,i would recommend take it to a painter who knows his job.
    there is a fat chance that DIY may end up in a mess,since the scratch is a thin fine line across.
    1 person likes this.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Akshay,

Painter would say sirji,only remedy is to get whole door repaint.No harm in asking some of the painters here.These scratches are very minute and not that deep even am bit skeptical if com-paint will save me.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

ahhh,i can understand.
    I have a painter at my place,who can fix this,but then you are a few hundered kms away.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Many thanks for the extended help 22ji,

let me give a try here 1st .If not,will trouble you sometime when i am travelling to Chandigarh.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok guys i've search long and hard and i'm not able to find 'HH black' and now i've come to a compromise to probabaly look for a closest match.

IMO i think that the polo's black matches punto's black , at least just enough to keep the prying eyes from knowing about a bodged job.
    My point is , can we still find a HH black paint somehow from somewhere or is it ok to settle with polo black for minor touchups only?

PS :: are there any other black color that might suit punto black ?
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I bought hhb from com-paint twice. Mail them and they will arrange.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. Sagar Naik

Sagar Naik Timido

Bantwal,Mangalore,Karnataka
    Bantwal, Mangalore , Karnataka
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Had bought BNW value pack kit an month back,And they had 3 to 4 shades for Fiat but now only two shades Red and Medium Grey:hit