1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Ganesh I bought it long back;). But I was not able to get a satisfactory result.There is a slight variation in color. But for your color there wont be much of an issue. You can surely opt for one.
  2. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Cinju, Yeah I will go for BNW kit, can we buy it online? Website shows error "service unavailable" between switching the pages.

@black & Prajith: Thanks for sharing the instructions. I need your comments at some points because I am very new on this department.
    1. Sanding, is that sand paper typically used for the car paint jobs? I believe it comes with com-paint value kit, is it available outside. If so, where can we get it and what to be asked specifically?
    2. Putty: can this be applied to both metal and plastic parts? Same question as above, where can we get it and what to be asked specifically?

I read in Prajith post that com-merge spray removed the paint even from affected area. But I see you black you mentioned com-merge to use at borders. So I believe it saves the paint not be removed from the scratched area.

Another general query I have: don't we need to use clear coat over the painted area? If so what to be used? Otherwise how can we protect the area?

3. BN White is not available on com-paint website now :O ... what should i do now??
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

I'm planning to get myself red mirror caps.
    I'm planning to remove my BNW mirror cap and keep it safe.
    I want to buy myself a set of mirror caps from TASS and paint it red. Will I be able to paint it using com paint directly or do i have to apply primer and then paint it red using com paint?Please give your suggestions guys
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. v_ram

You need to primer it and wet sand it to get a smooth finish. If you are a amateur then it may take 2 -3 tries to get it right. If you don't have the patience you can get it done at a paint shop for around 500-600 rs
    1 person likes this.
  6. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys today evening I scratched my car very badly while taking reverse...in tight parking place missed to see the left side electric post. it's purely my mistake I was too much dependent on reverse parking sensor...immeditely I took to TASS. Body shop guy examined and said bumper can be touched up...metal part has deep scratch and needs to be repainted..total cost would be rs4800. Insurance can be claimed in such case I need to bare 1000 from my pocket. Since its 3weeks old car...claiming insurance is advisable for scratches. Whether this can be repainted in any other body shop with less cost or DIY with compaint advisable

attaching picture of scratches took from my mobile

7. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys, I am ordering BN White com-paint to fix a 3-4 cm scratch on rear bumper of my car. I watched their instructions video and in the video they fixed a scratch on the body by first applying the filler. My question is that, do i need to apply the filler on the bumper?? Just asking because bumper is plastic and do we need to follow same steps as body??
  8. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Where are FIAT colors gone ??

No more color for FIAT :(.... Need to call them n chk for my BNW :confused:...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    There are no stocks with this com paint guy. Most of the colors have been taken off from the website. On inquiring, he asked me to check sometime in April for the colors to be listed back again.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Fellows,

This question is for all who have used used com-paint in past and left satisfied.

Now on my both the doors on RHS has big scratches.Though they are not that deep but look very eye soaring when car is polished.I am on the verge of ordering COM-paint to do this DIY on both the RHS doors.Pls suggest if this can be patched up with com-paint.Attaching the pics for your refrence.

Attached pics are from rear right door which has parallel scratches..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013