1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Com Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chsekharbabu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Hi All,

I own a Grande Punto in Tuscan wine and recently noticed that there are visibile scratches.I browsed the compaint.com and came know that they dont manufacure any Tusanc wine/Purple red shade.

I noticed that even Tata Indigo, Maruti Alto has some shade which resembles Tuscan wine.

I request you all to let me know the alternate shade?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Can we get Tuscan wine color variant from Com Paint

Tuscan wine is not available as of now, but I am sure its just matter of time it will be available. So wait for sometime.

I have ordered for Exotica Red. Earlier it was not available, but now its available.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

compaint is useless if you are thinking of spraying on your paint. avoid using it. it will look as if you have patched some paint over the original one.
  4. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

Is there any other alternate way to touch up the scratches?
    I know the existing scratches are minor but it makes feel sad when ever i see my beauty ::D .
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

u can try some scratch removers if they are just surface scratches or some good filler polish. it just removes few microns of paint/ fills the paint in case of polish.
    if the scratches are deep upto the metal then no other option than getting it painted professionally, as u know tuscan wine is premium color
    so it requires premium treatment ::O
  6. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

Hi,

CVould you let me know some of the scratch removers or filling compounds.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

It depends how you apply it, check it here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...de-Punto-MJD-Emo&p=17623&viewfull=1#post17623

I did once touch-up for small scratch from dealership and I think I can do better than that.
    Even if it doesn't make it like original finish, its good to have it covered under paint.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  8. Re: Can we get Tuscan wine color variant from Com Paint

Exactly. I'm very satisfied with com-paint. You need to practice it. i've already saved so many thousands on paint work. Even it took them to come up with Exotica red after 6-8 months.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Com Paint is very good for small scratches on the bumpers which are unavoidable in B2B traffic and stone chips on front bumper.
    It's difficult to touch up metallic paints. I touched up my solid B.N. White and the color match is perfect.
    For getting good shine you have to apply clear lacquer on painted area.( It is available separately from Com Paint)

@ threadstarter
    If scratch is not too deep you can try Formula 1 Scratch Out.
    E-mail com-paint for availability of Tuscan Wine Color.
  10. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

Vijya,

I am initially planning to try with Formula 1 scratch out to see how thing will shape up and update on the status.
    Already sent an EMail to compaint people asking about the avialability of Tuscan wine color.They said its not avialabile as of now and will be for sale in near future.