1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Colour Confusion. Tuscan wine or Exotic Red or BNW

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by brandnewpunter, Oct 23, 2012.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I never knew It could be so confusing!

Exotic red is flashy but I love the colour. Tuscan wine looks royal and white is evergreen.

Few years down the line which colour will look good. I am planning to go for polishing twice a year and car will be cleaned regularly. Sometimes if members of family take it with them for a week or two I cannot ensure that the car will be cleaned on a daily basis.

I see that tuscan wine is metallic while the other two is not. Which one is better as far as life is concerned.

Can you also rank these 3 colours based on ease of repair in case of damage or scratch. I guess repairing white will be relatively cheaper but by how much. If you have gone for a repair job please let me know costs.
  2. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    Buddy you are going through the similar situation i went through last year :)

Exotic Red- this color is truly defines punto. go for it :up

Tuscan wine - i didnt go for this color for various reasons like it was demanding 5k extra and i had no money left in my pocket :D secondly scratches would be more visible on this color and would be hard to maintain in my opinion.

BNW- this is the color i got on my punto.. truly elegant and totally supports for any kind of mods. only pain is you ll need a regular wash to keep it shining :)
    scratches are hardly visible on this color :rolleyes:
    1 person likes this.
  3. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai

Won't Red be as difficult to maintain as Tuscan wine? Have you done any paint repair for your Punto and if yes what was the cost and how significant was the repair job.

I also read that tuscan wine and red loses its lustre in few years while other say with regular polishing it will be as good as new, your comments please.

Which colour do you think shows Punto's curves prominently?
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    I have BNW Punto. I personally think the quality of the color coat of BNW is not good. The coat looks very thin. Also the top coat isnt that impressive as it is in other colors. If you want a neutral color, which is relatively easy to maintain, I would recommend BNW. But in terms of the color coat, I think Darker colors would do good.

Tuscan wine is a fantastic color, with a good polish, the depth you can get in terms of shine is way more than any other color.
    I have seen few punto in this color though.

1 person likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree with halfclutch..

BNW & Exotic Red are always ready for any future modifications. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks, have you seen Tuscan wine colour cars which are bit old. I am a worried soul there.

Apart from reverse sensors I can't imagine many modifications. Are you talking about stickering?

If you can think of many modifications do let me know and It will help me borrow more:)
  7. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    I have TW punto and will be completing 1 year in November. TW is very difficult to maintain. Even a hair line scratch is visible and with each scratch, heart bleeds a lot. Plus if you are targeting to some modifications in future like decals and strips and stuffs, it would be difficult on TW. This would be easier on BNW and Red. Choice is yours. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Have you tried repairing the scratches and how well does the colour age. In brand new cars Tuscan wine looks great but older ones not so much, do you think polishing will bring the original shine?

You guys are awesome. I never expected so many replies, please keep them coming.
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    If you are planning for future mods, Red or BNW will be the best choice. Red will be difficult to maintain where as white is the most easiest to maintain of the lot. you can ignore hairline scratches or remove them easily by rubbing on bnw.

TW as you said is a very royal color and you would have to keep your car stock with that color. If you consider TW why not OB ? Just to add to the confusion :p

I guess repairing cost will be more or less the same for all the colors. In case if BNW the scratches won't be visible and hence the term easier to maintain :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    There are lots of modifications can do with it.

But only reverse sensors then you can do it with any colored car.

Decals,colored alloys (not silver one), OVRM colored caps, spoiler, etc modifications does well on BNW & Exotic red.

I think these colors are meant for modifications.

With Tuscon wine, you can able to do it but it will not suites your car. You have to keep your car as it is & that will make a difference.
    1 person likes this.