1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Colour change - A wrap way

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bharathj85, Mar 9, 2013.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys came across an interesting article about change of car color without painting them. Share your views.

2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Interesting.

It looks like they are clearly targeting the premium cars. Wrapping costs from Rs. 80,000 to 4L is absolutely ridiculous. I would buy a used Linea/Punto for 4L. :D

The complete repainting itself would cost between 30,000 to 50,000.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

If it would cost 20-50k like I read somewhere else, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
    But the idea of Plasti-dip seems all the more alluring, since one has the DIY option, but I don't know about availability here in India.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    grz customs does it at less than 50k for wrapping the full car, check out this innova : Out of the garage.. | Facebook . its wrapped fully in a kind of textured finish and bonnet in brushed aluminium finish, its not fully grey as u see in the pics, but have strokes kind of texture, try zooming.
    motorminds also does it better for slightly more, amazing to see its finish, but the problem is, if somebody scratches/tears it, costs a lot to do up the entire panel once again !! : Motormind Automotive Designs - Photos | Facebook
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  5. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I had once seen a Range Rover Evoque wrapped in matte red colour it looked good it was by some 'DA Design'
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That 4L wont really matter to someone who owns a 4Cr Lamborghini or a Ferrari.
    1 person likes this.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you must have seen this.. done by DAD mumbai.. : HOT ROD RED EVOQUE | Facebook