1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Colgate Replaced by close-up My preloved Punto MJD 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Iluvpunto, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Yes they said 15 days itself.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes they said 15 days itself.
  2. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Took her out for a spin on Chennai-Bangalore highway. Posting few pictures from the trip.
    WP_20131130_055.jpg WP_20131130_056.jpg WP_20131130_057.jpg 0- WP_20131130_058.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    will check with the Fass first and if higher than 2-2.5k I will get it done outside. My office and home is within ambathur surrounding so never been to any other part of chennai. Dont know if Nandanam would be a nearby option for me.
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all,

I am planning to put a seat cover for my car as the previous owner has made the original seat real dirty. I am planning for Autoform model mentioned below let me know your opinion on the same and let me know in case any of you guys have idea about the cost and where I can get that for a good price.

U-Fly Plus Angle (Red-Black) copy-500x500.jpg

Though there is a debate going on between my wife and me on seat cover pattern mostly I will go with the above one itself.

This is the one she wants and she thinks that it will go well with the car's colour and it will be something different itseems !!! Grrr :A
    U Ultra Plus ( White& Red)-500x500.jpg
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since you are discussing with your wife on seat cover, we should not be suggesting :), but even I think first one will look better with black interior of Punto.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Iluvpunto: If it is possible try to join the Chennai TFI meet today. Detail here. You will need to navigate to the last page if the link does not lead you there directly. Check your PM as well.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Iluvpunto on getting Red Hot Punto 90hp Home.
    She's looking Hot & Sexy in Ferrari Red.:pSuperb pics.
    As said by Ravi first one looks better for Punto's black interiors.
    Replace your old mudflaps with new Absolute mud flaps
  8. rahulmaske

rahulmaske

Bangalore
    Hey Iluvpunto,first of all congratulations for your beauty :)............talking about original seat fabric, I would suggest to consult with 3M first. I remember their work when I helped my friend while purchasing a second-hand Linea. He had put art-leather covers which over the period of 4 yrs made car really look like a Taxi due to poor maintainance. When we took the car to 3M in HSR, Bangalore for interior and exterior detailing, the very first thing we asked him to take out (rather tear-off) the seat covers. We were planning to put new ones after detailing. Post detailing, believe me original fabric seats of Linea looked so beautiful that my friend literally dropped the idea of putting new covers. He is still driving her with original seats. :)
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I have already ordered the moulded kind of mud flaps from 99rpm and is waiting for the delivery to get it fixed. I had checked FASS for the same and they said its out of stock. Any clue how long it takes for 99rpm to deliver ? When I called their helpline they were telling 15-20 days which sounds crazy in this age of Flipkart and Snapdeal Delivering things in 2-3 days.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am not sure if 3M does that. Which package is that included in. I did check with Bosch and they do have an interior detailing package where they clean the seats and OE carpet after removing it from car which no other service center does. Please let me know in case you have any additional detail on that package like price and what other things are included in it.
  10. rahulmaske

rahulmaske

Bangalore
    As far as I remember the package cost was less than 3K for interior. They did following
    1. Cleaning of all the seats with a Foam and using a soft brush.
    2. Roof fabric and Floor carpet
    3. Dashboard and Door Plastics/fabric with a Foam based solution. And then polish.
    4. Boot.
    5. AC Duct cleaning (I dont remember if it was part of package or paid separately.Even if its separate it shouldnt cost more than 600-700).

Btw they did not remove any carpet from the car.