1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Colgate Replaced by close-up My preloved Punto MJD 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Iluvpunto, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    First of all let me thank everybody on TFI who guided me and provided me with clear instructions and answers for my queries on my thread "Expert Advise required on buying a used Punto Emo Pack". I take this opportunity to thank few of fellow Fiatians by taking there name. Thank you for helping me Gurjinder, ghodlur, shams, krismask, limraj, Nadeem Ahmed VR 46, Jotinder, PatchyBoy, Arkin, Flywheel,and Ravi. I also would like to apologise to most of them as they wanted me to go for a New vehicle rather than buying a used car as used car market is very notorious and I may get cheated at any point of my buying. But however its something else which was written on my destiny.

Introduction
    ----------------

I work for a reputed MNC bank in Chennai and my work place is hardly 12 kms from my home. Due to the generous nature of Transport team, I was put in a cab where 6 other people were there and I used to be the first pickup and last drop and this used to take a good 2 hours of my time everyday. So I decided to use my Ugly back tinny (read Maruti Ritz) to go to office. despite of feeding her with costly portion of food which costs 75 rs/litre, she used to serve hardly 10-12 kms on that. Thanks to my roads that will not allow me to go beyond 2nd gear/20-30 km/hr speed. Then I had this idea of buying a diesel car fed in to my mind by one of my colleagues who had recently bought a Punto Emotion pack Demo car from one of the tata dealers for a very good price. I would say that was the turning point and I got to drive his vehicle occassionally which led my hatred grow for the tinny back.

I first looked for Demo vehicle for a similar price what my friend got it for. I was disappointed to find that with Fiat parting with tata none of the tata dealerships had Punto demo vehicle. My next move was to check the price of new vehicles and found that it will minimum cost be 7.5-7.8 lcs on road with all the discounts in place. I never considered Active Variant as it did not meet my minimum requirement list. If Dynamic version had atleast a USB enabled music system and 175 size tyres I would have gone for it with my eyes closed. Since the new car idea as well backfired, I was looking in to classifieds on Olx, Quicker and Carwale. I never approached any local dealer as I knew about the malpractices happening out there. I was attracted by an added posted by one of the Team BHPians to sell his Punto for 380000 which had done 38k kms. But it was too late by the time I contacted him as it was already soldout. Then I came across few vehicles with heavily run odo's of 75k, 85k and 1.2l. Even though I was pretty much aware of the capability of MJD's to do atleast 1.5-2 laks kms, I was a bit finicky about the maintanance cost of such heavily run vehicle.

How did I find Her
    -----------------------

I came across an Ad in olx for a 90hp Punto with 14000 on odo for 7 lcs. I contacted him and told him about my intention of buying it but with in a strict budget of 5.5 lcs which he politely denied. One month later the same ad re-appeared with 16k kms on odo but this time the price was 6.4 lcs. So I called him again and he was ready to settle down for a price of 6 lcs I tried negotiating further and somehow managed to strike the deal at 5.8lcs. I know that I might have paid 30-40k in excess for minimum but fiatians make most of their decisions from heart and are not subject to wallet or brain. will post some pictured soon.
    3 people like this.
  2. Wow , That's cool man

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Its Picture time. I am uploading few pictures which was posted in olx. also few taken from my mobile but they do not do any justice to the actual beauty of car.

WP_20131129_030.jpg 1381116084_553194197_1-Pictures-of--Fiat-Grande-Punto-13-Emotion-Pack-90HP-Diesel-for-Sale.jpg 1381116084_553194197_2-Fiat-Grande-Punto-13-Emotion-Pack-90HP-Diesel-for-Sale-Chennai.jpg 1381116084_553194197_4-Fiat-Grande-Punto-13-Emotion-Pack-90HP-Diesel-for-Sale-Vehicles.jpg WP_20131129_031.jpg WP_20131129_032.jpg WP_20131129_033.jpg WP_20131129_034.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Taking My 90hp to Pondi via thindivanam tomorrow. Will click some pics on my DSLR and post them asap.........
    2 people like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest Congratulation Iluvpunto for bringing home the 90 HP scorcher. Finally you took the aid of the head to buy the decision made by heart. Good for you

Looking at the pics I felt the colour being dull at some places esp the rear. Suggest you to give the car a one shot detailing either at 3M or any place known better to you. This will bring back the glossy look.

Is that a big scratch above the left front fender and do I also see a dent?

Have the RTO & Insurance formalities completed?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  5. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Hi ghodlur,

Yes the overall colour of the car looks a bit dull with lot of swirl marks so 3M detailing is something fist on my cards. Yes that is a long scratch starting from headlight to quarter panel. I wanted to get it corrected before taking the car itself but was discouraged by the FASS people stating that painting whole quarter panel for this scratch is not required due to its small size. I am not convinced though and will get it done next month itself once my financials do better. Owner reduced 2000 rs from the price for that scratch stating it wont cost more than 1500-1800 as its non-mettalic colour. Is that true ?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Many congrats on getting the punto home :):)!!

Did the seller renew insurance? as far as i remember, seller's insurance will be valid for 15 days from the day name change happens on RC. within that time, you need to get the insurance transferred to your name.

Please make sure you have valid insurance before taking the car out on road.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  7. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Heartiest congrats on getting the FIAT Punto_Overall the painting looks dull.A good detailing sessing will bring back its glossy look.On the painting cost it will cost utmost 2500 Rs.Not more than that. Have it painted first and then have the detailing session.Also is the car having Suncool films on the glasses?
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I have confusion with the whole insurance stuff. The insurance of this vehicle gets over on 19th Dec 2013 ie next month. As per the bank personnel RTO proceedures will take 15-20 days and at the time of name change there should be a valid insurance for the vehicle. due to this dilemma, owner renewed the insurance now itself on his name and once the RTO Name transfer done, insurance will be changed to my name and I have to pay the NCB to the insurance company at that time.

Did I confuse you aswell ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

It had sunfilm on windows when I took delivery and was removed immediatly as I want to abide to rules as much as possible.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Congrats on your new purchase - 90 HP is good car made for the highways.

Yes that's the indicative price to fix this. If you've to get this done at FASS it may be expensive, however you can get this done outside for a cheaper cost. Carz Spa is a good option which i located in Nandanam. I can also refer you to the painter who did my GTX job if required.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what the confusion. That's how it should happen.check with the insurance company how much Time you would have to get name changed on policy once rto work is done. I guess it would be 15 days