1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cold Air Intake and Free Flow Exhaust/DownPipe for Linea/Punto

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by avnsiva, May 25, 2015.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Glued to this thread now...

I am also interested for downpipe + FFE & suitable CAI as well for my wolfed Punto...

Though its 75 hp and so it will be different from Linea.

Downpipe+FFE needs lots of experience to do it successfully as they have to calculate & consider many aspects related to engines.

Hope to hear your updates soon.

Cheers...

Neel
  2. WIN

WIN Timido

Hubli
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Have got it done for my 1.4 P. just the ffe and its a killer !!!
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Oh... Good on you WIN...

Know many friends who have got it done on their petrol cars... But I don't know any who has got it done on diesel and that too on fiat diesel car.

Hope to get some updates here.

Cheers...

Neel
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well....I have been looking for modified downpipe from a while....
    I get in contact with automech Mumbai, who says its difficult to decat fiats, also didn't boast much confidence in downpipe, get in touch with c6 team, they have relatively good knowledge and experience but the problem is the are located in south, they don't have dealer in western region...one tfian is about to take the plunge on c6 decat and downpipe for his car, I think we should wait for his review,
    I also found one guy in my hometown,who does it, but he is relatively new, and started his bussniess, so can't comment on his work,
    harryaviator likes this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The catcon on the diesel models is very effectively designed. I have comprehensions on how the FFE on turbo diesel will really work. As it is the exhaust gas velocity is negligible as the heat energy is converted to kinetic energy in running the turbo.
    The gases coming out of turbo have very less pressure due to which i think FFE wont help much as it does on the NA petrol/diesel cars.
    Let me know if anyone has proofs to substantiate that it works good
  6. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Which one was this FFE? How much was it?