1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cold Air Intake and Free Flow Exhaust/DownPipe for Linea/Punto

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by avnsiva, May 25, 2015.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Friends, I was searching to find a suitable COld Air Intake and Free Flow Exhaust/Downpipe for my Linea. My Linea is already remapped by Wolf.

Please help me to source a CAI and FFW Downpipe. If anyone has added this, please share your advices.
  2. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    adding CAI wont void the warranty ? also be cautious while installing it. If the air filter is too exposed and sucks up water, it'll go straight into your engine.
    Naughty likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Naughty and asimpleson like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have read mixed things about aftermarket air intakes. There are two kinds of opinions about these. There is always some risk associated to any non-stock mods. Please read more on google and go ahead if you think its worth any associated risks.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    CAI will anytime benefit the engine. Just that it has to be done by the experienced person with genuine parts.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No Deepak, CAI will benefit performance, and that is different from benefit to engine. Engine on the contrary is tuned via ECM and more in a closed loop manner than ever before in most modern engines. Having said that there are reports of negative effects of k&n filters too. There is extensive technical debate too both for and against this. However, the risk or damage is not immediate to be seen incase there is any issue in most cases. Even FFEs can have bad effects or side effects. But one can get them installed with 'calculated' risks provided one knows what, where and how much to calculate.
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson : thanks for the info. if i switch to CAI, ECU need to be tweaked ?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not necessarily. Generally aftermarket ones are designed just to improve airflow. If further performance is needed perhaps it could be necessary. You need and air filter that can specify the horsepower gains on the MJD for example. Apart from that remap is the way and ofcourse there could be more mods possible too.
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    CAI and FFE will have to be complimented with the right tuning (remap). Best is to get all done by Code6 as they know what they are doing. However, since your car is already Wolfed do check with WOLF team if they will be able to Guage the gains from CAI and FFE and suit the map for it. I believe they should be able to do it. Turbo Downpipe, FFE and remap is approx 40-45K at C6. Will need to see how much they will charge for just Downpipe and FFE.

I still need to research on benefit and risk of downpipe. CAI is a different subject I belive. Pardon any mistake and do help me learn.

Myself too would be interested in downpipe and FFE from Code6
    Naughty, varunrtr and Deepak like this.