1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Colarado Red Ford Figo to Magnesio Grey Fiat Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Anshuman Sen, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All
    I am a newbie here, took delivery of Linea MJD Emotion on 21st October, 2014. Had a Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI which was driven for 47,000 Kms in my 25 months of ownership.
    The purchase was more of a struggle with Sky Moto Fiat and is something I would like to write in detail. Probably tomorrow.
    The car is no doubt a rock solid vehicle and a worthy upgrade from the Figo. I am surely a fan of the stability and comfort and would also like to add a detailed write up of my buying experience and initial ownership review. However I am faced with a few things which I missed in my PDI (I thought I did a very through PDI over two days as I was being handed over a April make car after promises of an August make car). Although I have flagged off the issues to Sky Moto and would be visiting the service center this Wednesday, I would like to understand and seek your valid inputs.

1. Gear three and four ensure a healthy rattle and vibration on the gear shift lever. The vibrations and rattle are more on third gear and less on 4th and non existent on 1,2 and 5th. The vibrations seem to be linked to the accelerator peddle. The moment I step on the gas they start. The levels are beyond tolerable levels.
    2. The rear windshield defogger does not work or partially seems to work. Probably will need the complete glass to be changed.
    3. The wiper blades seem to be either non functional by default or have been damaged due to the storage over the prolonged duration.
    4. The rear sun curtain does not seem to roll back automatically.

Photos and complete review will follow..

BTW Wishing everyone a happy diwali and new year..
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI and Congratulations on your new Linea.

Do you know the date of manufacturing of your Car? The symptoms you have listed seems to me like they have been stationed for a while at the dealership yard and they didn't do a proper PDI. There shouldn't be any vibration anyway.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Ramjn. The VIN points to a manufacturing in April and the car has been with the dealer since July. It had 32km on the ODO when I started with my PDI.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Anshuman Sen for the best drivers car!!!

Here comes one more horror story for Sky!
    Here onwards (after completing committed things)try communicating to Pandit, and keep a safe distance from Sky :)
  5. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you sir. Yes that is the plan. Sky gave me the best value for my Figo.Hence the reason to go with Sky.
    I plan to head to Pandit next week probably to get an early oil change. I plan to do that between 1.5 k to 2k on the Odo.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Anshuman Sen

Heartiest congratulations on the Linea MJD. When did you do the PDI coz most of the issue could have identified during the delivery PDI itself? Couldnt get by the 4th issue regarding Sun curtains? Did the the Linea come with them, pls elaborate.

Suggest you to pen down your buying and delivery experience with Sky Moto in the Dealership review section.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Do post lots of pics of the beauty.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If I can answer, :)
    Yes, it comes for the rear glass.
  8. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you @ghodlur
    The PDI was done over 3 days and I ensured that all work be done in front of me. What I missed was however to TD the vehicle in question. The sun curtain was working fine when I took the delivery. Something that would hardly be used in the car as I do not like my rear view being blocked.
    The wiper blades looked fine on day one but the rains during the past 3-4 days proved me wrong.

Here is the buying experience.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-exclusive-sky-moto-pune.12650/#post-841921382

I am still waiting for my registration number and will be heading to Sky moto tomorrow morning at 9 am. Let's see what they find and their resolution. Else I head to Pandit as I had planned the day I picked up the car.
    I agree all the issues could have been found if I would have test driven the car in question. But the mele that ensured during the delivery combined with my no sleep (I work in US time shift and hence ended up staying awake for almost 22 hours each day for almost 7 days.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    You would get used to the Sun Curtain. I have never pulled it down from the date of purchase. Since you have already owned a Figo and driven for quite a few Kkms, think should not be a problem.

Blocks sunlight(Heat) for the rear passengers.
    Somewhat useful in the night for the high beams from rear vehicles hitting your IRVM.

Try it.

- CM
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Update from today, i.e. 29th October 2014
    Had an appointment at 9 am with Sky Moto and I ensured that I landed there at 8:45 am. Deserted place, the watchman offered me his chair :). I had no registration number on my car.
    At 8:55 am the PDI guy walked in (Ah a familiar face). We had a small chat and he requested me to sit in the customer lounge as things start moving after 9:30 am when people actually walk in.
    9:20 am I had an SA, Mr. Ravi who took my car. Heard me out and all my issues. I mentioned that I will wait until the job is done as going back was a huge trouble with over 60 KM of round trip journey and that would make a whole of 600 bucks and not to mention the difficulty to get a Rickshaw.
    The car was not attended to before 11:15 am. They mentioned that the Gear lever rattle would be a small fix with the gear cable and bracket adjustment. It however took them until 4 pm to get this work done. I saw that two mech were working on my car for the complete time other than the lunch break of an hour.
    At 4:15 pm after the external wash I noticed that the leather seats were soiled in oil and grease :(. I mentioned this to the supervisor as Ravi was on another TD. The seats were cleaned pretty fast and then we did a TD with Ravi. The rattle was definitely handled but slight vibrations still remain. One would not notice them unless I drive with my hand over the lever.
    Ravi also agreed to the following and once the parts are in next week the following would be handled/replaced.
    1. Rear windshield
    2. Rear Curtain (Heard that the assembly costs 7500)
    3. The wiper blade (This was done after a bit of nudging by me and the sales guy. The sales guy was there to hand over the registration and tax papers)

I am scheduled for the change as soon as the parts arrive and would need to live with out the car for two days when that happens as the windshield sealant needs two days to dry.

So a long day but I see a ray of hope. Ravi handled the case well and the sales guy has become a friend now with all the jhol he did. Probably being polite definitely helps.. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 29, 2014 ---
    @King CM No offense to you sir but I prefer to use the night mirror mode. Helps a lot. I would not sacrifice the rear visibility for anything and the mirror is convenient to flip back when you are reversing or probably need a close look. Probably a preference an habit.
    Also my car is usually a two seater with me and my wife. The figo in its life of 47000 km and 2 years probably saw rear passengers for a little over 10-12 times. :)
    But yes it would be a boon if my dear wife decides to take a nap during our numerous long drives although I prefer night drives.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014