1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Coin in Blaupunkt CD slot

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Vijairaj, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

My son got very excited one day and inserted a coin in the Blaupunkt's CD slot.
    Anyone have an Idea where I could get it repaired in Chennai?
    I tried the local car stereo shops - Some don't even know how to take the stereo out of the dashboard and said the dashboard has to be removed to remove the unit :eek:. There was other one who removed the unit but didn't have the proper screw drivers to open the unit.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

I am not aware of how to remove the unit.

As a safety measure, please do not switch on the headset.

My younger son did similar damage to our old Matiz and we switched on while the coin was inside and the headset got burnt!
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

removing head unit is very easy. go to any ICE installer. they will have the pins to insert in the 4 holes and pull the hu out.

you can do it at home too. you need 4 spokes. insert 2 on left side 2 holes and remaining on right side 2 holes.

press the spokes simultaneously. you can ask someone to help u too.

as soon as you push the spokes in the head unit lock is released and it comes out.
    remove the rear pins and pull the head unit our completely.
  4. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

One of the ICE installer removed the HU and the power supply to it has been disconnected to prevent damage. Now I want to remove the coin from the HU.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You never visited TASS for this?
    I suggest you better check with them before you move out. Goto VST/TAFE.