1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Coastal drive with my Linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramesh, can you put some details on Hotels.

Did you go "Dhanushkodi"?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    As for the Hotels, I don't recommend to stay very near to the Temple. The High Court has banned parking vehicles around the temple. Most of the hotels around the temple don't have their own parking and take us to a separate common parking area. I also parked my car 1 km away from my hotel. They actually promised for the commute between the hotel and the parking area but they never did that. That became a real pain for me. And for your information, most of the hotels have the display board reading 'Car Parking Available' which simply means that they do not have the parking facility in their premises.

I recommend staying at TTDC Hotel for budget accomodation. They have ample car parking facility. :::TTDC ONLINE-TamilNadu Tourism Development
    Daiwik Hotel is good but may be expensive - Rameshwaram Hotels | Rameswaram Hotels | Rameshwaram Hotel

I did not visit Dhanuskodi. We had the plan to go there early in the morning in a 4x4 vehicle but we couldn't make it. :(
    1 person likes this.
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Excellent pictures ramjn :) Hope you enjoyed your drive in Linea as usual
    1 person likes this.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Treat to our Eyes. I always admired and loved -the Linea ,the palm trees,Thanjavur Temple and the Ocean.Happy to see all in one post :). I am yet to plan for a tour travel and would be done after the first service.I have been eyeing Thanjavur temple since the purchase and this post is going to serve me better !
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We spent the whole day on 12th in Rameshwaram. We started our trip to Thanjavur on the morning of 13th (Monday). I decided to drive along ECR to reach Thanjavur via Pattukottai. After leaving the Rameshwaram island it started to rain all along our drive in the ECR. We broke for lunch at Pattukottai and finally we reached Thanjavur at 3pm. We checked into our hotel and after a short refresh we took an auto rickshaw to reach the Big Temple.

The architecture of the Big Temple at Tanjore has always amazed me which made me to visit Tanjore again and again. For the readers, be informed that the Big Temple in Tanjore is declared as one of the World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

Somewhere after leaving Rameshwaram island
    RAM_7153.JPG

The Beautiful ECR from Ramanathapuram
    RAM_7155.JPG

My drive on the ECR just after the rain
    RAM_7156.JPG

RAM_7160.JPG

Somewhere near to the town Pattukottai. Green everywhere.
    RAM_7180.JPG

RAM_7183.JPG

The entrance of Amazing Big Temple of Tanjore
    RAM_7191.JPG

RAM_7194.JPG

A view of the main gopuram
    RAM_7196.JPG

Random pictures inside the temple premises
    RAM_7200.JPG

RAM_7205.JPG

RAM_7212.JPG

RAM_7223.JPG

RAM_7226.JPG

RAM_7237.JPG

RAM_7263.JPG

Late evening shot of the temple
    RAM_7295.JPG

Early morning shot of the temple
    RAM_7321.JPG

RAM_7327.JPG

To be continued...
    6 people like this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Excellent photographs, Ramesh. How was the condition of ECR, south of Cuddalore? I think, ECR is completed upto Kanniyakumari?
    1 person likes this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    "The route was Thiruvarur-mannargudi-pattukotai-aranthangi-karaikudi-devakotia-Thiruvadanai-devipattinam-ramanathapuram-rameswaram.

The return route was different. We took the east cost road i.e, rameswaram-ramanathapuram-devipattinam-thondi-mimisal-manamelkudi-mudachikadu-pattukotai-mannargudi-thiruvarur. The east coast road was very good when compared the route i took during the up trip."

Ramesh your trip reminded me of my trip to rameshwaram from thiruvarur by the above route. Since i was driving in the night i missed the scenery and thanks to your brilliant photo's. Now i just have to superimpose those photo's into my memory till i perform another journey in the day time on that route. Hope you must have followed the same route after puttokotai as i was travelling from rameshwaram in the east cost road but you traveled from thanjavur.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ECR is there upto Kanyakumari but I don't know the condition of the road after Ramanathapuram.

Chennai to Pondicherry - Good
    Pondicherry to Cuddalore - Good but crowded with traffic
    Cuddalore to Chidambaram - Good
    Chidambaram to Sirkazhi - Good to Average
    Sirkazhi to Karaikal - Average
    Karaikal to Ramanathapuram - Good
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    did you by any chance inquire about ferries to sri lanka from Tootukudi ?
    When i went we didn't get much info but if they have resumed services them i'm thinking of driving to and in sri lanka ;)
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I highly doubt if there is such service available in the current political situation. If you need to travel to Srilanka, the safest mode would be to fly over there.