1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CNG : Pro's and Con's

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by shashanknathani, Apr 11, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    As Expected....
    I don't think any manufacture will support fitting of after market CNG kits in their cars.
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I dont care about the engine warranty ... Can anything go wrong in it ??

I am in desperate need for a CNG conversion and would surely like to got with the sequential kit ...
    Do we get Toroidal CNG cylinders which directly fit into the Spare wheel well ? Any good installers in and around Delhi ?

The CNG punto shown in the Auto expo had such kind of a tank , and assured about 1000 kms on a full fill-up ....
  3. dilip
    is it 1000 kms on tank full of gas or tankfull of gas and petrol combined??
    btw why dont you guys trade your rides for the MJD??
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Tankfull of gas and petrol combined ...

Trading in for MJD's would be an expensive option .....
  5. ok.. had it been 1000kms on a tank of gas i would have traded my mjd..
  6. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Pune
    I called the customer care.. they have no idea about any kit;.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I had also contacted Fiat and they have no plans of launching the Punto CNG or a separate cng kit in the near future ...

But a similiar tank [toroidal shape] used by them is available .. Just do not know where to search for it !!!
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    dilip the toroidal shape tank want help at all as it cannot store much cng. fiat has that tank bcos thye have the technology which allows it to run more miles. otherwise such tanks normally seen on wagonR will not be able to store much. i was also eagerly waiting for the fiat cng technology to come but there seems to be no positive signs. btw how much will the sequential kit cost you??? i am also planning for a cng conversion shortly after the fuel price hike.
    since the running cost has climbed to 4.5 to 5.5rs/km it is high time to switch to cng.
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sequential Kits are for approx 43,000 in Delhi , plus spend an extra 1000- 2000 fro RC endorsement ....

But these guys havent ever worked on a Punto/Linea [ bt have experience on unos, palios, sienas] and so a little worried to take the plunge ... And wouldnt like to loose the boot [ok for lineas] or would have to go for those ugly roof racks .....
  10. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    roof racks?