1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CNG : Pro's and Con's

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by shashanknathani, Apr 11, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    We can use this thread to compile a solid list of Pro's ad con's about CNG in our FIAT cars.... Most of us will be looking for it as a good option in our cars as the major pro of cng is reduced cost of running.

I am looking forward to technical discussions and Costing information related to CNG....

If anybody in delhi has checked about the CNG kit in detail, please share the info, including the costs, approvals and places where we can get it installed...
    We also need to check if the SC's will still accept our cars for services...
  2. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    @shashank...
    as i can see u are in gwalior...i m in delhi..
    i can give u shop no of installers in delhi if u want
  3. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    @vahanpujari...
    sequential kits generally dont lead to power loss as much as the conventional.... with full tank gas u can ride 200-250km...queue are not in delhi generally as cng is readily available here
  4. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    @shashank.
    google ecogas and cngexperts .....enquire with them..i can u other installers contacts in west delhi....
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    But then sequential kits are much costlier as mentioned in the thread earlier. It'll take much longer to break-even i.e. savings in running cost exceeding additional cost of installing CNG kit. Particularly, if you've already used the car for 1.5 to 2 years & if it takes another 2-3 years to break-even, by that time you'll reach to 5 years of usage on the car and would be contemplating upgrade to another car. So what's the net saving at the end of 5 years? And if not substantial savings, why to go for it compromising warranty & may be power ? If the cost saving is substantial say 50K to 1L over 5 years, its sweet.

Gujarat runs on CNG. My brother had been using CNG in his cars since last 8-9 years (earlier it was LPG) - in all his cars. It used to run for 170 - 175 kms in full tank. Finally sometime back my father got fed up of frequent visits to pump for refueling (particularly felt on highway drives) & got my brother to go for a new Manza diesel. After almost 10 years, both of them are now using a Diesel or anything other than CNG/ LPG.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I stay in Delhi... My hometown is Gwalior.... :)
    We can even plan to meet sometime... I will PM you my details
  7. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hey Shashank , hope you are doing well and have settled in there. No probs with the cops there .. AP registration car ?
    The rising petrol costs have definitely become bothersome for petrolheads like us ..its just crazy. You guys being in the capital are still paying much lesser than us in Hyd. The petrol costs here in Hyd is 65+ Rs/Ltr !!! can you beat that ?

There were days when you could indulge and go to a Shell pump instead of the normal ones .. now - Shell sells at 78 rs/ltr !!! isn't it all going crazy ... ?

To save petrol ... i advice to not think about the CNG kit and all.. start using the public transport. I have started doing so here in Hyd , take the train (MMTS) to work 3 - 4 days a week , and drive down on some days. It definitely helps in saving money + you are not screwing yourself and your car in the traffic. :)
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    well pramit using public transport is not a bad thing to do but you cannot always keep your beautiful lineas/punto at home. why not go for cng and use them "bindaas"
  9. I have to agree .petrol prices are sky rocketing,public transport aint that bad but c.n.g is sounding like a better alternative .now the government wants to deregulate diesel prices... the next round of increase in petrol prices is by April end(cnbc news).I asked around couple of local cng kit mechanics in gurgaon but they said if you go ahead ur car will be the first...bottom line cng kit in Linea is unheard of especially in my neck of the woods ...but a viable alternative is needed..that much i am sure of
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Can someone post whats the CNG price per litre & how much mileage/ FE does it give? Just a rough estimate.

EDIT: Just heard today. Someone in Gujarat has fitted CNG in his Audi !! :eek::D
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011