1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CNG kit for Tjet?

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by akshaylakhina, May 21, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

An engine designed for a particular fuel , but being forced to run on another will definitely face problems later on.

This is not said from a fanboy perspective but applies to all cars.

Here's a little tidbit. The exhaust gas temperatures generated of LPG/CNG are always higher than those of petrol. Sooner or later you are gonna fry your turbo/ your valvetrain and the whole engine in general. Slowly but surely.

All this talk of sequential kits being superior and safe is what i find nonsense. Unless your engine is capable of using alternate fuels straight from the factory, any kit , howsoever clever is worthless. Thats my opinion and i stick to it.

Do not go for aftermarket kits just because XYZ car is running on them or not.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    above said is absolutely right.

in yesteryears petrol came with added lead for lubrication in side walls of piston . but presently manufacturers use exotic alloys and metals to compensate for same.
    these metals will have certain temperature tolerances , where fine residue after burning of petrol acts as lubricators to piston, which is like an innovative idea included inside the engine.

on the other hand residue of cng may or may not contain intended particles. flash point difference can cause unintentional thermal shocks to engine giving rise to trouble in the run.

original manufacturer may use same engine system for cng and petrol but he would know what compensations to be added for reliable performance but a third party cng supplier would rarely know or evaluate to such subtleties
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to jayadev & gurjinder.

CNG may provide short term savings, but could prove very costly in the long term.

4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My Dear dear Friend Akshay, NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do this to the Great Tjet,
    You will loose all its joy, and it will be just a ordinary car and you will repent on it.
    WHYYYYYYYY did u go for such a great Mean Machine if you had a CNG option in mind.
    You must have understood by the response you received,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  5. fiattucine

Exactly my sentiments!!! Please, please don't do it. Its a sacrilege. This car is not just a means of conveyance. Its a car to be driven with passion. The rewards you will get in terms of the driving pleasure and adrenalin rush, will outweigh the fuel costs. And if mileage takes priority, sell this car and buy yourself a diesel car but don't do this to the Tjet.
  6. vinod_s

vinod_s Timido

Dear All fiat enthusiast !!

Its been three years since 2012 I have been enjoying my black beauty linea t-jet. Even participated in Ranjangaon factory visit drive. Its a car which every Indian can dream of. Its perhaps only car in in this segment which has turbo in petrol. Its smooth like silk, and zoom past any damn vehicle in splits of seconds without any effort. Its clocked 31k on my odo and still crispy and crunchy fresh.
    I wanted to sale my existing t-jet and buy new t-jet in new avtaar, so I visited the showroom and asked them what I can fetch for my existing car. I wanted to take advantage of new 5x5x5 scheme lauched.

Here where I got most rude shock of my life. Fiat showroom offered me only Rs. 1.25L for my beauty. at first I couldnt believe my ears, so I asked again, they again replied with same answer, its only 1.25L sir. Its almost 11lac car on road, and in less than four years the value dropped to 1.25L that too for a car which has clocked only 31k km.

I feel when even fiat people dont value their car, why people in India will value. Only handful of people like us feeling so proud of owning a fiat, We share our memories of fiat driving, we boast about its quality, its drive, all true, but what we get at the end ? ...Rs. 1.25L for showroom condition t-jet linea. I feel pity. If fiat dont support their existing customers how can we expect that they will be able to do well with numbers, and without good numbers we all cant expect excellent service in days to come.

Whats option left to me is either drive less and to keep covered under cover for most of time to save petrol or to convert to cng and drive till my beauty dies its natural death. I need to take this decision and believe me my all 20121214_090237.jpg dost, its hard.
    S A SHAH likes this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    @vinod_s the evaluation quoted is seriously not correct. But I didn't understood you.:(
    If you are planning to buy a new Tjet, will you be installing cng in it?
    Why are you driving less? You can always sell it outside always and buy a new diesel.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @vinod_s, +1 to what @pabhishek mentioned. Don't do that to a TJet, buy some other diesel car. CNGing it will spoil the engine.
  9. vinod_s

vinod_s Timido

@pabhishek... I was planning to buy new linea diesel by exchanging my tjet petrol. but I m offered only 1.25L, which is toooo less. Even outsiders are not offering more than 1.70lacs. but what hurt most is that fiat themselves the manufacturer of products offering lowest than all outsiders, If they themselves dont value their own product how can you expect outside market to value it.

My run in the month is crossing 2000km now a days, its giving pinch to the pocket now, earlier I used to drive only 500km in a month, so it was fine. Mechanically car is awsome, I m not in favour of selling also, but at the same time I have to see economics. You all expert guys show me way out.
  10. Deepak Nihalaney

Deepak Nihalaney Timido

Linea 1.4
    sir, i was planning to buy a T-jet. Can you tell me your date of manufacturing and your final price, if i wanted to buy your T-jet. Don't know how to start a private conversation, as i am new to this forum. Sorry