1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CNG kit for Tjet?

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by akshaylakhina, May 21, 2011.

1. prakhar287

Please don't do it. You don't want to feel like a dud in the jet............
  2. meri tauba..gustakhi maaf jo maine aisa socha aur kaha :)

I just wanted your opinion guys..which i got and once again i found some true Fiat lovers...Thanks all..
  3. @ Akshay.Hi ! why don't you exchange your T-Jet with my Multijet Linea...
    :) just kidding.where do you live in Faridabad ?If possible we can have get to gather.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    buddy imagine ford mustang with tata nano's engine.......feeble sheep.....
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sounds like converting sports car into kitchen stove.!!!!!!
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Guys during a CNG conversion der is no swapping of engines [ y quoting mustang and nano] ....

Just the mode of fuel is changed ... Between a diesel and CNG , anyday I will blindly chosse CNG , the greener fuel !!!!! DOing my bit for the environment ...

However , if kits are provided by the manufacturer themselves , then der is no tension ... And I also think u shouldnt tamper with ur engine [imported ] ...
    If something goes wrong u may have to shell out money frm ur own pocket as u will lose the warranty ....
    Just wait if Fiat launches any kits !!!!

By the way Fiat is considered to be the best manufacturer of CNG and LPG kits !!!!
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Akshay: I'll swap my MJD E-pack Punto, my trusty WagonR and just as an added bonus, I'll buy you a top of the end Nano as well!

What say????
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    couldn't agree more with dilip, if u feel the need u can always think of getting one. It won't harm u in any big a way, its jus tht u'll know deep down tht the jets on a greener diet thts all
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    its not a big issue to convert a tjet into cng. of course buying a diesel makes more sense but since one has already bought tjet, cng is not at all a bad option. i have seen a lot of cng civics and crv. so tjet is no big thing. again putting cng in a powerful engine makes more sense than an underpowered engine. tjet has a great turbo to make up the for the loss of power from cng. i do not find any reason for not going for cng on tjet. of course if it hurts your "status".
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    The problem is how many "Turbo charged cars" have seen a CNG getting fitted in their boot? Civics, CR-Vs, Aveos and all come with a NA engines and moreover T-JET has an imported turbo charged engine. If CNG experiment goes bad, it would be damn costly. It's better to sell the T-JET and buy Linea 1.3MJD. Maybe you can contend yourself with the VFM "Dynamic variant" so that you don't need to pay extra for this swap.