1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch sound in my MJD - new Linea

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by shanvimal, Aug 13, 2016.

1. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all, I have a query regarding the clutch sound in my new Linea MJD. I have completed 18k, in the recent few weeks, I am hearing some "creech" sound whenever I press the clutch. I am finding this odd as I do not do clutch driving. I am in Bangalore and thinking of reaching out to Vecto motors. I had a chance to talk to Coimbatore Fiat Service center 2 months back regarding this, they said it is common considering the fact that both clutch and gears are being pressed by our legs in an angled way. Also noticing that applying brake also sometimes gives that sound. Not sure if this is bearing issue or Clutch plate worn out? Need your advise.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @shanvimal, is this sound from the pedal or the engine bay.

If pedal, then the spring needs some grease and we should be good.
    If from the engine bay, then the issue most probably is with the release bearing, and you can get it checked at FASC.
    Since the car is just 18k km run, and if the issue is confirmed to be with the bearing, you can definitely check for a warranty claim. Be gentle with the folks and try to get it pushed through. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    sathishgv likes this.
  3. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Kindly get the spring checked, this is a very small issue.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  6. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have been experiencing knocking sound just after the clutch release. I first suspected slave Cylinder /link rod to it. After hours of carefully listening and touching all related parts for noting the vibration, I have come down to this part, a joint (marked in red). It's been 6 months or so, I'm ignoring it now

_20160814_091853.JPG
  7. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @shanvimal , I too have a new Linea and did hear this tik sound upon clutch release when the care was about 3 to 4 months old.
    It went away on its own, maybe its something minor (not sure).
  8. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM . Thanks, it is just an issue of not having enough grease. All good now and back to happy mode :)
    PradeepM likes this.