1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi, I have been bitten by this faulty CSC. I am from Delhi(west) and have Linea petrol. My car breakdown and I had local mechanic take a look. The rod (plastic) inside the CSC has broken. SInce yesterday im running pillar to post to get it replaced but none of the dealers are having the part. I contacted Tuli motors(raja garden) and Him motors(Peera garhi). Also i have contacted local vendors but im not getting the part from anywhere.
    I am planning to take the car to Him motors. I am not getting any road assistance, the tow van guy is asking for 2000 for towing from Rajouri garden to Peera garhi.
    Can anybody please help where can i get the part or what should i do. Please help
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^^ i have replied in your original solo thread.
  3. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    No reply form Fiat till date for my mail dated 14-10-2011.

@ Repacement of CSC.
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    they are shameless. take a print out of this thread and go to marvelous. ask them to change. i bet you dont want your car to be left stranded like sahib 1517
  5. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    guys i have a nov 2010 punto mjd , i previously owned a palio 1.9d , and had to replace the palio's clutch cylinder twice which was located underneath the steering behind the dashboard due to minor leaks , after 40000 kms i used to feel one drop of oily liquid fall on my foot for every 700 kms or so , i replaced the cylinder. The same thing happened at the 81000 kms mark. The work shop mechanic said there is another cylinder in the engine which generally wearsout, but very seldom the one behind the steering. He frequently replaces many palio clutch cylinders located in the engine bay. but in my case the cylinder located in the engine bay was never touched and i sold my palio at around 120000 kms . Why is this so?
    I also noticed the clutch cylinder of palio 1.9d in the engine bay being replaced within 20 minutes, but replacing the one behind the dashboard took one day. the accelerator and clutch pedals were removed, the entire steering column removed with all the wiring etc etc.
    Is this the same with the punto? does the punto also have two cylinders? If yes has any one out there replaced the cylinder behind the steering wheel ? Can the steering column with airbag be removed by any workshop ( not TASS) ? Is there any gas pipe line connected that inflates the steering air bag? The reason i am so concernd is that my driving history shows my cars are prone to dashboard clutch cylinder failures , and like my friend sahib i cannot run from pillar to post, i live 70 kms from a authorised service center and if such a problem arises i will get my car repaired by my good old workshop which i have written about in other threads.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    certainly, i will give 5 star rating to VST service center chennai.since during my 30k service visit, while i insist him to check the battery,senoir mechanic(Murali) found my CSC was made of plastic,he himself changed CSC to steel one with warranty.

SA kirubagaran with murali combo doing wonders in terms service quality.

i got admired with eagerness of murali,competent enough to handle airbag,A/C,Suspension systems.
  7. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    No reply till date from Fiat:

Now fade up off for taking follow up.

Let me any other way I can make them wake up....
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    nowdays they just send a copied reply

"Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communiaiton .

We will revert back to you query shorlty"

if you are not getting a breakthru mail FIAT that i am buying the part which can fail anytime and you dont wish to wait endlessly for reply.
    in the end write a note " Wake up FIAT, wake UP"

i think the part must be cheap.

on other hand one can easily manufacture it too on a lathe. will cost just 20-30 rs. just dimensions are required to be copied from plastic ones :)
  9. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hi All,

Yesterday I changed the CSC to the latest one(Steel). I am not sure but i felt the clutch to be lighter and it is bit low now,mean i dont have to lift my feet that much to depress the clutch.Is this normal? now gear shift is also smooth and all the issues in gear shift is gone. :)

R,
    Vishnu
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  10. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Hi All,

Positive reply is recived from Fiat.

Replacing CSC today.

Will post feedback.