1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

I did it at Mohandas Motors, Vazhayila
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

yes go ahead and ask them for replacement. if they deny slap them. if you dont get it changed be prepared for the filthy plastic part to break off anytime and leave you stranded on the road. how can they use plastic part in such a critical application ?

very very easy. the plastic part is triangular and has spines as shown in pic below. if you know where the clutch slave cylinder is just put your hand inside and press the rubber over it or slide the rubber aside and feel the part.

the metal ones is just a straigt rod.

Please note that they are just changing this rod and not the entire clutch slave cylinder.

3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks, thats a great help, know need to know where exactly this clutch cylinder is located.
    I guess by the time i sell of this car, i would be a complete car mechanic :p
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    finally got a call from the SA from rajkot to come and change the CSC. had sent a mail to MR.MANGESH 6 months back but no actions were taken. so this time i attached the old mail and asked for some action taken or stop selling cars in this part of india.
  5. Hello friends,

i have a doubt. I have been reading many of the updates recommended for the old vehicles. Is there any updates which we still need to have for the new batch of vehicles. Please post so that it would be helpful for the new owners.

6. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Hi my linea MJD is July 2010 manufactured. Any suggestions ?? I have not received any communication from my dealer ? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.
  7. Italia-Linea

all cars, be it linea or punto before jan 2011 needs this replacement.

today we had a TFI meet at pune and i checked our members cars and we discovered all but 1 car was made of plastic part. :A
  8. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Yesterday I visisted to Marvelous Motors and asked replacement of CSC. My car is having with plactic as it it checked by Amit at out TFI Pune meet.

The SA & Works manager refused for the same by saying their is no such directives from FIAT. I had long disucssion but not succeded to convince them.

Their statement is " If it breaks down they will replce" but not the pro actively. Also they are claiming it is modified one but in palstic only.

I wrote a mail yesterday to Service Fiat, Mangesh, CEO Desk about the same. Recived auto reply as "I will hear shortly"

Any suggestion guys...what next?

Thanks & Regards,

9. redbull

This is a complete bull being shoved down your throat by the SA. The actual story is that one batch of cars had a really defective plastic CSC. But now FIAT is replacing *ALL* plastic CSC *UNDER WARRANTY*. My car was not in that "defective CSC batch", but it was still a plastic one and it was replaced under warranty (by Concorde Motors Mysore Road Bangalore).
  10. Italia-Linea

screw them left and right. what the hell does he mean " If it breaks they will replace" slap him tight.

does he want you to be left stranded on the road, somewhere in ghats or somewhere in midnight and then he will change?