1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Did Fiat or the ASC explain how a clutch can get burnt in 2 months ?
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

I got it changed for free. But it was a long process. During one of the free checkup camps, I asked about the CSC change and the SA flatly refused it saying there is no such directive from FIAT. A couple of months later, when I took the car for the third service, I again raised the issue of CSC and couple of door beadings that needed replacement. This time there was a different SA and he said they are doing this now and he booked my car for replacement of the parts. About three weeks later I got a call from the SA saying that the parts have arrived and I need to bring the car in for replacement. I went in and got the CSC as well as one of the door beading replaced FOC. This time it was an excellent experience at the service center with them taking care of most of the small issues that would make one pull his hair out..
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Driving for prolonged period with half clutch is what they sighed as a probable cause.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. @ FastLove... thanks for your advice.

Anyway I have to get the clutch serviced since there is a jerk when gear changing and SA said that it was due to the release bearing and they would service it rather than changing it.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

today i received a big shock after i discovered that my DEC last tuscan wine linea manufactured on 30th dec has plastic cluth slave cylinder piston.
    earlier i had asked the advisors 2-3 times and they said that dont worry sir its with modified ones.

today again i asked them to open and show me. then he touched the slave cylinder again and confirmed that its plastic.

i got the piston changed to metal one today.

but why these b******s dint call me at all. its already 8 months. also when i asked them for list of recalls and list of cars Pandit Auto said that the calls are given by fiat directly and they dont have such list.

one thing is sure " Fiat owners are ram bharose" and every fiat owner should be technically strong otherwise hell is the right place for him to stay.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Even Ram got to busy to keep up with every FIAT car sold. I am still fighting hard to figure out what all things need to be upgraded in my car. :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

the very disgusting thing was after discovering that its made of plastic the service advisor was asking me to take an appointment from ladies sitting on the service counter and the next date available was 15 days later.

changing the clutch slave cylinder is just a 10 min job. this shows the seriousness they have about a customer who has invested 10 lacs in a car.

i myself then went to the store , checked if the part is available, argued with them to get it done now itself as i dont want to get stranded on the road with broken clutch.

i also gave them option of giving me spanners and i change it myself alone :cool:

this is for me who already has good rapo with people inside. i am just imagining the plight of people who dont know anything about cars and have no contacts.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey, I had sent a mail to FIAT a few months back about the slave cylinder type (plastic/metal) in June 2010 manufactured cars. Mr. Amit Srivastava had replied asking me to visit the nearest TASC for info.

"Is FIAT upgrading all plastic slave cylinders to the metal ones?" (It appears that I have missed this).

I need to know as I must be confident and sure about the news while asking for a replacement of the slave cylinder.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

And how do we identify "plastic slave cylinders " ? Anyone got the pics of same to share around? Can it be checked personally ?
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Roy, where did u get this done? Mohandas or kulathunkal. I think I need to take my car to Mohandas to take care of some suspension niggles which the Concorde guys are denying under warranty issues (alloy wheels)