1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I got my CSV changed in my 2009 Linea MJD after running 52000 Kms and I could really feel softness in the clutch, Gears and also steering.the engine RPM has increased after the change. So am happy.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I also feel my steeing has become light. I don't understand why changing CSC will make steering light?

About engine RPM change, do you mean idle RPM has increased?
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I got my CSC changed a few days back and after that the clutch has become much softer but haven't noticed anything else. The car has run 28K so far.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I've changed Clutch Slave Cylinder 3 times & Clutch Maser Cylinder once.

I've also changed the clutch assembly 2 months back.

Last Saturday the Clutch in my Linea burnt :(
  5. MackyMayank

MackyMayank

TJet Clutch Slave Cylinder failure

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and it is very unfortunate that I have to start posting from this thread. I have an October 2010 TJet which is stuck in Gurgaon for the past two days because of a Clutch Slave Cylinder Failure.
    The car has run just 7000 kms and there was no problem with the clutch prior to this sudden situation where the clutch pedal wont return when pressed. My bad that I was 40km away from home when it happened. I had no idea about this problem and its frequency till I joined this forum. What is saddening is that I wasn't informed or the car checked for faulty cylinder type when I took it for first mandatory service to Elegant Cars Patparganj at 5000km.
    I am quiet used to Fiat clutches as I am also driving a Modified Palio GTX 2002.
    What worries me is that the car is towed by Fiat Roadside Assistance to ABS motors in Gurgaon and I am not very sure about their competence especially when it comes to TJet as there are not many examples around. The location of the slave cylinder is also different in Tjet as they say.

Does any one have reviews on this workshop?
    Should I expect a different clutch feel with a new slave cylinder?
    I was getting average of 8.5kmpl in Delhi conditions with AC is it ok for a Tjet?
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i think bloody fiat should compensate all those who have suffered the agony of dead cars on the road. n numbers of incidents of clutch failures happening but fiat is still doing nothing. all they do is change it with new ones and who knows they wont fail. and now tjets!!!!! shame
  7. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    I have July 2010 : 1.3 MJD Emotion;

CSC is new or need to replace?
  8. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    Recently changed CSC for my TJET, clocking 5600 KM. The problem that i had reported was hard gear shifting, after doing this change for a few days the gear shift appeared to be smooth with a few 100 KM running now i find that the gear shift has again become a bit hard.
    Driving style is to press the clutch completely and then change gears. I don't understand why this problem is occuring. Any ideas ???
    -ajit
  9. Hi Royz...

Did you get it changed for free? Was there any problem with the clutch while changing??

Mine about to complete 30K kms and 3rd service due on 19t Sept and a few days back I had gone to the TASS and told him a lie that my clutch was a little stiff and I was having trouble changing gears etc... the guy drove my car and said that my clutch was as good as new and no need to change.. I told him to change it in the warranty period cos after 30K there is no warranty and if my clutch fails then I will be in deep shit, he said that he will check and do the needful.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I would not advise you to do such a thing . I mean lie to TASS and declare it here :p

jokes apart - do not change something if its not broken. If your gear shift and clutch is smooth don't play around with it. To quote an example one of our admins here - vahanpujari got his clutch replaced in warranty after genuine issue. The new clutch burnt out within 2 months. And remember, burnt clutch is not covered under warranty.

Always follow the principal - dont change what is not broken.

And correct me guys if I m wrong, clutch wear and tear is not covered in warranty. You have to make a good case to get it replaced in warranty.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk