1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Clutch slave cylinder in linea MJD

Thanx

But part no. you mentioned is of Petrol car. I inquired at dealer.

For Diesel cars part no. is 059117025 - KIT CLUTCH SLAVE DIESEL (STEEL).

Iam going to replace . But I have to wait upto 6 th April. Because now 31st March (Year end) is going on
    Stock varification is going on . That's why new orders are temporary OFF.
  2. arun687

arun687

Mumbai
    Re: Clutch slave cylinder in linea MJD

Thanks Abdul. ::D I'll call up TASS and fix an appointment in April to get both replaced.
  3. I m very curious to know does the clutch cylinder issue still persist with 2011 punto ??
    Because I have read someone written that they face the same issue with march and April 2011 punto?? I asked this because my Punto is may 2011(got the VIN number from dealer)is yet to deliver and i m bit nervous that if the issue is there i should change the clutch cylinder as soon as possible. i do too much of long drives and don`t want to end up with this issue.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Drive Drift- Fiat cars now come with clutch slave cylinder made of steel since 2011. You need not worry about the clutch slave cylinder. It would be better if you can post link to the place where you read about slave cylinder.

I hope you are not confusing it with one of my post that I made a few weeks back. I had written that a lot of March 2011 made cars have faced the issue of AC gas leak because of a faulty O-ring worth just Rs10. I had said this because I have seen at least 3 cars that faced AC gas leak from March 2011 lot.

Your post will be moved here:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1848-Clutch-slave-cylinder-thread

Kindly search the forum and post in relevant threads for better contribution to the database
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  5. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    clutch sleeve replacement?

Hi,
    I had taken my punto for the fiat free checkup and after the check they said the clutch sleeve or something like that needs to be replaced.They said it would be done free of cost.
    I dont know what exactly they were referring to.
    They said I can get it done at my next service which is at 15k.I have completed 12.5K
    Did anyone else get the same comment ?
    Is it safe to take my car for long distance drives before doing that replacement ?

Thanks,
    Srijit
  6. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    my feb 2010 also had an issue with Ac a month of purchase in April 2010.The issue occured again a week after replacement of the ring
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hello there, today after my dad came home just went and sat in my car. When i depressed the clutch, i felt it had become little hard as compared to the normal. Asked my dad about this, even he replied that he had felt that too. Amazing mileage dropped to 14.7 from 16.1 in the MID. Please help, do i need a clutch slave cylinder replacement??
    Regards,
    Jishnu
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Drive it around for a day or two. It's too premature to comment on anything as of now.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    ok adn ya it makes some KRR KRR noise when depressed :(
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's the Clutch Release Bearing.

If it isn't much, then don't worry.

If it is, then replacing it is the only way out.