1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

I have a October 2009 Punto MJD that has clocked around 50K km. I had a long time ago( around 2 months after purchase) provided my VIN to TASS and they told me that my CSC was not in the recall list.

Planning on a long drive soon. So far I never had a problem, but should I get the CSC changed proactively ? Don't want to fix something that's ain't broken either.
  2. my punto that has clocked 46k kms broke down due to clutch cylinder failure. the plastic one had broken and was replaced with a new one. Costed Rs-2627/-.
    my mechanic gave one of the probable reasons: As the brake fluid quantity in the container was about 60% at the time of issue, it serves for both brakes and clutch. So whatever fluid was left was serving only for brakes and not for clutch cylinder unit, hence it eventually gave up. he even showed the faulty unit where he maintained his theory about less fluid. And he was not buying the thing about the unit failing in about 34-45k kms on odo.
    Could he be correct ?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    How old is your car? Isnt your car in warranty? CSC is covered in both warranty and ext warranty. FIAT had proactivey replaced the plastic CSC free of cost 2-3 years back. The new ones come with steel CSC.
  4. Mine is 2009 model, got it in seconds last september. I am not sure whether this was replaced by previous owner during warranty. After reading comments here now, i am worrying whether i have been duped by the SA. Also on the steel part..:(
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

I visited KHT motors in Whitefield today. Asked them to take a look at the CSC. The SA opened the bonnet ,reached down and felt for the CSC and told me it was plastic. He told me that changing the push rod would be enough, changing the entire CSC was not necessary.

Part No. 59117212 named 'BOOT' on the bill. Costs 199/- incl of tax. I was also told that the cost of the push rod was around 450/- earlier and has gone down now. Ravi sir has also mentioned reduced spare costs and discounts in this thread
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I got CSC replaced on Saturday,According to the mechanic it was the rod inside that was the problem.
    Since the one in my car was leaking,i got it replaced.
    The outer casing is still plastic,and inner rod is made of steel.
    Am i correct?
    Can anyone post a picture of the CSC?
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

9. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Hi every one, left my car for service, they have identified that my clutch slave cylinder is plastic and needs replacement with the new steel one, keeping in mind plastic can breakdown. My linea is out of the 50 month warranty period, my querry is will this part be a free replacement or a paid one, if so how much?
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    HI my car Tjet , yesterday the clutch goes inside and doesn't comes out easily , Also the gear not falling to next gear , we had a tough time driving in 1st gear for more than 10 km and due to sunday it was less traffic , is this problem that we need to repalce the clutch mechanism ?? , its just 3 years and 25 k km run , Also just 2 months before we gave for 3rd service and spent nearly 10 k rs on the car, its very bad